Friday Wrap-up

Oh dear Lord it is Friday. What a week. What a WEEK! I thought I would write out this week's statistics this morning to put things in perspective.

Visits to the gym: 0
Daycare runs: 3
Times I've said I'm going to get them. And I am going to make them cry for mercy: 7
Crying fits: Too many to count
Heels worn: 3
Halloween movies watched: 1 (I am so behind!)
Pounds lost: 4 (let's not get too excited. I packed on some over the previous weekend)
Bats stuck to ceiling: 15 (I am behind)
Fake blood purchased: 4
Meters of tulle purchased: 8
Friends showing incredible support: So many and thank you thank you thank you
Receiving letter saying your child shows signs of Aspergers: 1
Hours spent Googling Aspergers: Too many to count
Visit with awesome child therapist: 1
Lungs I have coughed up: 1.5
Glasses of wine consumed: 4 (I'm working on it)
Revisions of Halloween party menu: 5 (It's final now, will laminate it later)
Moments spent thinking that no matter what happens, I think my kid is amazing: Countless

And so I bid this terrible week adieu. But before I do, let me tell you about another recent adventure that I will fondly call "Diaper-gate". Wednesday and Thursday the Husband  offered to take the Kid to daycare. Maybe because he is a great husband and dad or maybe because the term "unhinged" comes to mind when he looks at me. On Tuesday I brought a stack of diapers and wipes to the daycare and placed them in the Kid's box in the daycare bathroom. Then I read the now infamous "letter". Then I had a mini breakdown. On Wednesday our nanny told me he needed more diapers at the daycare and I was all "YOU KNOW WHAT THE DAYCARE NEEDS?!??! I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THEY NEED!". So I just assumed that it was a mix up on their end and ignored it.

Then yesterday morning, Thursday, after I got to work, I got a missed call. I ignored it and asked the Husband if he knew the number and he said yes, it was the daycare and he had also received a call from "Rosie" and that the Kid was out of diapers. I admit it, I got a little riled up. Throughout the day I was twitchy. Our nanny also informed me that the daycare was going to charge us for diapers because the Kid hadn't had any all week. Then I was apoplectic. I tossed and turned at night and said to the Husband "They just want to kick us out. First ADHD, then Aspergers and now missing diapers! GAH!" This morning was my turn to take the Kid. I loaded up the carriage with purse, child and a huge bag o' diapers and made my way there. I was muttering to myself. I was angry. I was not going to take this lying down.

I got there and showed one of the daycare ladies my large bag of diapers and in my best cutting voice said "I'm very concerned about the misunderstanding regarding the diapers. On Tuesday I brought 20. Unless you are serving chili, I'm not sure what is going on." While the Kid was sitting in the lost and found box (he likes clothes, what can I say) I marched with her to the bathroom and looked and oh... there is another Raphael but spelled Rafael right beside my kid's box where I have been accidentally putting diapers into. OOOOPS! Ha ha. Sowwy! Ha ha. Oh God. I need a drink. And so, Diaper-gate has been solved and I apologized through gritted teeth. And now the daycare believes that I cannot even spell my own kid's name. Let's never speak of this again. And I am so ready for this week to be over.

The End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge