What a Weekend!

Well hey hey! Happy Monday. I am home today because the Kid was hacking up a lung this morning. He has been fine for most of the morning since his fit which is great because we can ship him off to the Daycare tomorrow. Tomorrow morning we have a parent teacher talk and I am not looking forward to that. But right now, my thoughts are a million miles away because.... I think we've found our dream apartment. I won't go into too many details because of bad ju-ju but I will say that the place is perfect.

The last week or so I have been in a bit of an apartment search frenzy. Nothing really set it off but I got the itch to move and it just wasn't being scratched. I sent my mother a few links and she liked them all but wasn't "wowed" by them. She's a real estate agent and knows her stuff. I wrote one place and they called me on Thursday and I told them to call the Husband (who at that point did not know I had written an e-mail. Rut roh). He arranged for us to see the place on Saturday and I was excited to go. Then on Friday morning I stumbled upon another apartment online and sent the link to my mother. She wrote back immediately and said "This is the one". Of course, due to my inability to think rationally or calmly, I sent the link to the Husband screaming "WRITE THEM NOW! WE HAVE TO SEE IT!" So he did and I waited the rest of the afternoon on edge.

When I got home Friday night, the Husband told me that the original place we were going to see had to postpone because they couldn't find the keys. Oh, well that's a problem. But, the dream place called and the woman said we could see it at noon the next day. The Husband asked if that was alright with me and I gave him this look.

So, let me get this straight. You are asking me if I want to go see the place I told you I really want to see?

I stayed up late in anticipation and to finish my ball dress (which worked out great and will write about soon). In the morning we cleaned up and then made our way to the apartment viewing. My heart was in my throat and I kept babbling on and on, driving the Husband up the wall. When we arrived, we stood outside and I knew, I just knew that this would be the place for us. Plus a pug dog named Anton walked by and the Kid lost his ever loving mind. Soulmates. The agent arrived, she was absolutely bubbly and nice, and we walked into the building. Already I was enamored. One level up using the beautiful curving staircase and we were at our door.

Now, the first rule as a prospective buyer, or renter in our case, is to play it cool. Don't give off any desperation vibes. Play it cool. Look only mildly interested. Yeah. I mother loving Maria Van Trapped it.
Hardwood floors and space for a walk-in closet! The hills truly are alive!

The place was spectacular. It was like coming home. The Kid ran around in non-stop excitement and I turned to the Husband and said "It looks like he loves it here" and the Husband replied with "He acts like that anytime we go somewhere new". Way to burst that bubble, dude. The Husband asked questions and I walked around mentally planning where everything would go, the fabulous parties we would host and what I should wear at our housewarming party. Priorities, I haz them. We spent an hour looking at the place and then headed home. I won't lie. I cried. I loved the place. The Husband said nothing for the rest of the afternoon. Like, literally. My mom kept writing "Has he said anything? Will you rent it? Why isn't he saying anything?" and I responded "We can't spook him. I'll let you know once I stop stepping on his neck" I jest I jest. See, the Husband likes to take his time and I respect that. This is a huge decision and I want him to not be pushed because then he could blame me if something went wrong...After about 5 hours, as we were getting ready for the ball, the Husband came over to me and said "Let's rent it" I die.

So we went to the ball and I drank way too much wine in celebration and then headed home and slept and then at 7:30 in the morning I asked the Husband to call the agent and he was like "DEAR! IT IS 7:30 in the morning on a SUNDAY! Give it TIME!" and then half an hour later I was like "Can you call her?" and then he yelled at me again. And this went on until about midday when he finally had had enough and finally picked up the phone. Yay! Nagging will get you everywhere.

We spent the rest of the day writing e-mails describing us (I guess a type of cover letter for the owner) and then faxing the rental offer back to the agent. She told the Husband that she would cancel her next viewing of the place on Monday (damn straight you will) and that we would know if we had it in a few days.

And so now we wait and wait and wait and I am freaking out just a little bit. Ok, A LOT! I want this place more than I want that Chanel purse I always talk about. I want this place like nothing I have ever wanted before. Well, maybe besides the Kid. Kind of wanted him. And the Husband. I wanted him, too. But this place! Oh this place! So keep your fingers crossed that we will get this place! If we do, it will probably take about 2 months to fully move in which will no doubt provide endless blog posts and threats of divorce. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge