Smoothie Cleanse - Day 1

So here I am, at the start of my 5 day smoothie cleanse. Am I ready? Not really? Am I looking forward to it? Not really. Will I make it? I sure as hell hope so. In the morning I made a smoothie and smugly did not have a bite of the Kid's chocolate cake. The Kid was overwhelmed with the opportunity to eat cake in his crib in the morning. His sheets look like the stuff of nightmares or college. The Husband and I took him to the daycare this morning and I was pleasantly surprised he didn't kick and scream going in. He cried and waved sadly and said "Buh bye Mommy" and again it broke my heart. The Husband and I walked to the U-bahn station and he patiently listened to me reminisce about the Kid's birth. And then I cried, and then I said "Ooh! Look at those shoes!" and plastered myself against a shop window. Priorities, I haz them.

So far today I am subsisting on smoothies and coffee and I am going to be veddy veddy bouncy by the end of the day. I did hit the gym this morning and I felt great about that and this evening I will try and get some Yoga in as well. The best part of this cleanse is that I will be saving time in the evenings by not preparing dinner and I will be going to bed later by not drinking the alcohol. Win? I hope so.
Totally makes up for not having wine. NO IT DOESN'T

And with all this sober free time, I will be working on my dress. I pinned some of the trim on yesterday and realized that three meters of trim was simply not enough. So tomorrow evening I will be heading to the store for some more. And I should probably buy a new necklace. And gold nail polish. And hair dye. Buh bye all the moneys!

In other news, I cannot believe that the light of my life is 3 today. If we be friends on Facebook, you will have seen my annual personal evaluation that I do for the Kid's birthday. I will post it here for my non-Facebook friends and family.

Well Raphael, it is time for your annual personal evaluation. You have been with the organization for 3 years now and we feel it is time for you to take on more responsiblity. We will be focusing on sanitation requirements as well as personal organizational skills. But before that, I thought we would touch upon the past year. In the 3rd and 4th quarter, employee morale was at an all time low. However, with your gosh darn adorable face, we saw a rise in productivity. Your snuggles and hugs have far exceeded our orginal forecast and your capabilities with counting from 1 to 10 and 10 to 1 has been noted. Your perserverance with words like MOMMY shows that you are a dedicated employee and your attention to detail (MORE COOKIES!?!?) is a fine trait. We see a strong and prosperous future for you in our organization and we look forward to sitting down with you again in the future. Our CEO sent us a memo before this meeting and asked us to read it to you; "Mommy loves you Raphael. Everyday I ask myself how I got to be so lucky to have you. Happy birthday my little man. I love you to the moon and back." Please accept our heartfelt congratulations as you continue on as your role as senior toddler associate.

When he gets older I am so putting this on cream and monogrammed stationary. And with an official stamp. Heh.

And so I wish you all a pleasant Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge