Weekend Plans

After my day of crying and Greek widowing, I feel a lot better. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we have just gotten the most fantabulous apartment. I can direct all my negative energy into putting chandeliers EVERYWHERE!!! I have been a little concerned that the Husband has been just a little too easy going about the bazillion e-mails I have sent him the last couple of days starting with "I know this looks expensive but...". I had the feeling that maybe he was planning to order a hit on me and he has been lulling me into a false sense of security. So on Thursday night, I was all like "G, are you trying to have me killed, because you are acting way too nice about everything?" and he put down his fork and took my hand and said "I wouldn't have you killed. I need your salary to help pay the rent." Gah.
So youse saying your wife wants a chandelier in the bathroom. Yeah, I'd put a cap in that.

This morning I am taking an early morning walk with my friend, and then at 12:30 I have a facial booked. A collagen Elemis facial that apparently was voted best facial of 2012 and I really need to know if they have an award ceremony every year, and do little jars of creams hop on stage and thank their friends and family for all the support because if so, I WANT TO SEE THAT! This facial be expensive, yo, but I have a super generous gift certificate I can use so that's that.

In the afternoon, the Husband and I are heading to the new apartment to take pictures and take some measurements. It's been exactly a week since we saw it. I cannot believe how fast we got the place but when you know, you just know.

There is a lot to prep for our big move. We are giving ourselves about two months to move because otherwise I will be a banshee, carting Ikea bags of crap at 3 in the morning to the new place. We still have to put in a kitchen, a wall (this will be a veddy veddy contentious wall) and have the windows replaced. We are also ordering some big things like a bed (I told you I would get a new bed eventually... that amazingly comes with a new apartment. I'm very good at what I do) and I need to try and coordinate everything to happen on one day. For example, the kitchen guys, the electrician guy, the putting the bed together guys and the wall guy should all try and come on the same day so that I don't miss too many days of work. I will make cupcakes. People like cupcakes. And beer.

It is going to be a busy couple of months but thank the heavens the In laws will be back in town in a couple of weeks and they can help watch the Kid while mommy and daddy argue over fridge placement.

Yesterday I made a list of everything that needs to be done and I'm a little worried that the Husband might just pass out when he sees it. Not only do we have to figure out all of the above, but we also have to start therapy for the Kid, work our day jobs, and desperately look for an integration kindergarten. My whole head is going to turn into a talking cold sore of stress. Nice.

And because, as I once mentioned, I like to be busy, so I will be focusing on something that is totally not important - I will be painting two wooden chairs black for our future kitchen. And I should probably think about an outfit for all the projects. Maybe overalls? Should probably get an old Wham CD to listen to as well.

If you suggest putting a mirror on the ceiling one more time, I will cut you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge