Monday Monday

Woot! Monday! Woot! What a weekend. The party was amahzing! Over 30 friends showed up and I was so incredibly touched! There was drinking and a buffet of fries, mozarella sticks and wedges and I was like an overstimulated toddler so I didn't even get a chance to get my fried food on. I got so many incredible gifts- thank you guys!!! And danced the end of the evening away. I needed that night out desperately and I feel like all the angst and stress was temporarily relieved. Thank you again, everybody! You made this chubby Jew very happy.

Today we are heading back to our old daycare - I could say defeated, but we aren't. Maybe just maybe, these 4 weeks have been a much needed break for them and the Kid and maybe just maybe, he will be happy to be back to the old grind. And knowing my son, he likes routine. Me too, Kid, me too. The Husband and I will both take him there this morning and I know our hearts will break a little bit as we launch him over the baby-gate but we know we are making a better decision at this point. Oddly, the Kid has been an absolute delight this weekend. I'm not sure if it was the second hand booze breath from me yesterday or that he is grateful I didn't re-birth him on Friday, but whatever, he's been a joy. Last night we even had dinner all together at the table and he sat there for 15 minutes with a smile on his face. That was a big moment.

I hit the gym this morning which was not easy initially. I kept whispering to myself "It's your birthday tomorrow, you don't have to go today", but alas, I did it. This week I hope to get to the gym at least 5 times for crosstrainer workouts and also this week, try and get a couple of evening at-home yoga sessions in.

Tonight I am making an onion soup. It involves leek, shallots, onions and spring onions all blended and served with a crusty bread. I am really trying to get back to basics and avoid canned or packaged food. TRYING - keyword.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't have anything planned but that is a-ok. I'm just looking forward to getting back to an almost normal schedule which doesn't involve field trips, cattle prods and cooking for over a dozen mini Iron Chefs. Dream big, Tova, dream big!

And so I wish you all an amazing Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge