Dressing your Rectangle Shape




Now, even I have a bit of a problem determining my body shape. I am a rectangle shape with some apple shape features. Existential crisis, I tell you. A typical rectangle shape is what they call "boyish". Yet, mah boobies would disagree. When I am at my ideal weight, my rectangle shape is more prominent, but when I put on weight, it is usually in my midsection which is a common apple shape problem yet my shoulders and my hips are similar in width which is a rectangle shape trait. (First world problem).

So, to determine whether you have a rectangle shape, do the whole paper and pencil and measuring tape thing I have talked about the last couple of days.

Ta tas:     _______________


Waist:       _____________


Hips:        _______________

If your shape looks kind of looks like this after drawing vertical lines to connect the three measurements, then Mazel Tov! You are a rectangle.

Celebrities with rectangle shapes include: Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon


What you should wear: With rectangle shapes, a waistline is not very defined. Using a belt is often a mistake because it just blocks you off top and bottom and you end up looking, well, like a rectangle. Instead, go for long and straight lines. Darting just under the ta tas can help create the illusion of a waist. Long cardigans and blazers help elongate and add curve (oddly enough). When it comes to trousers, almost any shape will go. Skinny jeans are good paired with longer sweaters and blazers. Tunic dresses are your best friends. Layers help create a little more depth, so pile up! Avoid anything that comes in at the waist ie, anything an hourglass shape can wear. You want to draw attention away from your waist (or in my case, lack of).


Outfits for rectangle shapes:


What to have in your closet:
Any kind of jean or trouser. If you wear skinny jeans, don't wear a short shirt.
Long cardigans and blazers
Tunic dresses
Sheath dresses
Flowy or structured tops that don't cut at the waist (loose and flowy at the waist is fine)
Any type of skirt except full skirts (ie. petticoat style)

Avoid:
Belts
Anything that cuts at your waist especially if top and bottom are different colours and/or textures

Hope this helped! If you have any questions, drop me a line...And now, go forth and go shopping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge