It's Mah Birthday, Go Shortie

Wow! Another year older. At 33 I thought I would be having cocktail parties and discussing Descartes and playing golf. Instead I have awesome 70's themed parties while discussing all things Kardashian and playing "choo-choo". I really can't complain... As much as the past year has been an aneurysm waiting to happen, there have been a lot of amazing things, too. I am blessed with so many great friends, a supportive family, a wonderful husband, a good job, decent legs and a son that I love to the moon and back. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Today I am at work and that is fine by me. Saturday was really my big hurrah so I don't need anything big today. Well, fireworks would be nice. Did you feel that? The Husband just twitched. Yesterday I headed to my favourite hole in the wall fabric store and picked up some gold embroidery. I had thought my dress had arrived but no, the universe wants me to go a little mental but actually, I do my best work under pressure, if the dress ever arrives. EVER.

When I got home last night, I asked the Nanny how the Kid had been at his first day back at the old daycare. They said he had been really really good and that made my heart explode with happiness. He cried for a while which is gut wrenching but at least we know he is safe, that Tuesdays (field trip days) I won't be clutching my cell phone all day and I won't have to cook once a month. Thank you Jeebus.

At one o'clock in the morning I was awoken by the Kid. "Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY! Mommy? Poo poo." Awesome, happy birthday to me. I changed his diaper and brought him into bed where we snuggled for about 15 minutes. Then he got up and walked back to his crib. I think he thinks I need the middle of the night snuggle more than he does. And you know what? He's right.

I had a birthday bagel and read gossip sites this morning and then I headed to the post office to pick up a package from my parental units. I brought it to work and I literally laughed out loud when I opened what my mother had sent me. I have personal motto "What Would Martha Stewart Do?" and lo and behold, she had a Tiffany's key chain engraved with WWMSD. I die!

I also got a beautiful lapis and gold necklace from her that I DID NOT OPEN UNTIL THIS MORNING. (patience, I have it)... So, already this morning is shaping up to be a great birthday! Cheers and lots and lots of love!

And, I just got a lovely bottle of pink sekt and straws from a couple of co-workers! I am touched!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge