A 5 Day Smoothie Cleanse

Oh boy oh boy was yesterday awesome or what?! Oh boy oh boy, I am still exhausted! Saturday morning until the afternoon was a whirlwind of getting crap done; cooking, cleaning, decorating and trying not to yell at the Kid for climbing onto the dining room table (that was a new move. I had to employ a spray bottle). Good times. I might have been a little snappy and a little stressed. Sowwy, family. I was also a little noivous that the Kid would have a meltdown in an apartment of people there to celebrate his birth. Messiah complex.

At three, the guests started arriving and the Kid did not have a meltdown and I cracked open the wine in relief. Food was consumed, drinks imbibed and it was a lot of fun. I was super proud of the Kid for not half-Nelsoning the guests. The last guests left around 6:30. Total success! After cleaning up a little bit and putting a suddenly cranky toddler to bed, the Husband and I fell asleep just before 9. I slept the sleep of non-moms; 9 hours straight and woke up sore and tired. Go figure. The Kid ran around looking for "KUCHEN!" (cake) and unfortunately I had to offer him apple mousse instead. I got a lot of side eye.

It is Sunday evening and the place is clean, the Kid is in bed and I am grateful for a relaxed Sunday. I am grateful that we made it through another crazy birthday weekend. Next Saturday is the ball and then no more plans for at least a couple of weeks. Chubby Leelee Sobieski needs to relax. BUT FIRST I NEED TO WORK ON MY BALL DRESS! Deep breaths, deep breaths. Stay tuned.

So, besides the awesomeness that was yesterday, tomorrow is the Kid's actual birthday. We will surprise him with a little cake and singing in the morning and then in the evening, some new toys. Hard to believe that he is THREE! Slow down, you're moving too fast. Got to make the moment last. Sad Mommy. If I hear a Simon and Garfunkel or a Cat Stevens song tomorrow I.will.lose.it.

And moving on, because it has been a decadent few weeks; dinners out, birthdays, parties, drinking away my stress because of the failed integration, I feel like I need to reset my body. So, tomorrow I am starting a 5 day cleanse. I have researched cleanses before and they involve things like tuna which makes me want to hurl, like totally. Or other cleanses which would leave me so hungry that I would punch a squirrel, so I have decided to do it my own way. I will be doing a smoothie cleanse. It will pretty much involve, you guessed it, you clever person you, smoothies. A smoothie in the morning, a smoothie or two throughout the day (more on that in a minute) and a smoothie for dinner. In the mornings and the evenings, I will be making my own smoothies at home but at work, I don't think my co-workers would appreciate me using a blender so instead, I am buying a box of "Innocent" smoothie and watering it down with mineral water throughout the day.

I am not looking to lose weight (wrote the lady who once ate 25 eggs within 3 days to drop a size) but more just giving myself a break from booze, cheese and refined sugars. Plus, the smug factor is pretty awesome. I figure 5 days will do a little bit of damage control. That and a liver transplant. If you want to join me, drop me a line and we can cheer each other on! I will be writing about my experience and I have a feeling that at least a couple of blog posts will start with "I am so alone. It is so cold."

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday evening! I am off to bed soon where I will dream about fabulous things, like brie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge