Party Prep


Today's the day of the party! I haven't had a chance to really get excited about it yet but hopefully sometime between shaving my legs and putting in hair curlers, I will get the partay fever. I will get to the venue early so that I can set up a little and a friend is meeting me there to help. She made cupcakes for my party and I am so excited!! Pink champagne cupcakes! I heart I heart!

The party is at an Irish bar in the 3rd district and I was able to book the whole downstairs. And, because I get twitchy if I can't host a little, I ordered some platters of fries, wedges and mozarella sticks. Please someone remind me to take a picture of this because I want to show the world what 100 euros worth of fried food looks like. Dream big, Tova, dream big.

My friend's husband has made a playlist and I am looking forward to getting my crazy uncle wedding dancing on - you know, the combination of jazz hands and ass slapping (self ass slapping). I think there will be over 30 people attending tonight which warms my heart. And I would like to note that today's high will be about 8 degrees celsius which is by far one of the warmest birthday party days I have ever ever had.
I will be seeing you kids, tonight. Oh yeah.

I was supposed to go out last night but I was exhausted after the craziness of this week. Tonight I will be able to just unload so if you see me under or on a table, you know that I am having a good time. Last night I caught some of the opening ceremony and it was great! I love the Olympics (I hate what it has become; corrupt and all about the money) because of the athletes. These folks have worked their whole lives to this event and it warms my cold cold heart to see their faces light up. It is special. Two years ago the Husband and I were struck down with a terrible flu during the summer. We would pick straws who would take the Kid to daycare. Then we would lie down on opposite sofas and die. The summer Olympics was on and every once in a while one of us would mumble "Rowing is on" or "Shotput". It was kind of special in a feverish way.

The sun is out and I need to do a little cleaning and a little laundry and a little shaving and get ready for the big night. I wish you all an awesome Saturday and if I am seeing you tonight, I apologize in advance, I may be a little drunk and fabulous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge