The Little Things Count

So, it was a rainy, miserable morning. I actually did go to the gym, again, this morning. Thank you, thank you. Deep bow. I also took the Kid to daycare. I had to bribe him with a new toy car to get him to put on his raincoat. Say what you want but sometimes bribery is the only way to get him to do something. I wore my adorable rain boots and paired them with my not-so-adorable yellow rain jacket. You know, the one I mentioned a couple of months ago that makes me look like a deranged serial killer? Yeah, that one. It is an authentic raincoat so if you are doing anything physical, besides fishing for king crab in Alaska, you turn into a one woman steam room. The hood is also too large so I probably looked like Captain Igloo on the school run. After dropping the Kid off, I hustled to work, sweating and puffing under my yellow plastic garbage bag prison. THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED WHEN I ORDERED IT!

Last night I gave the Husband a surprise. No, not that you pervs, I'm married and lazy, no, I gave him a night at a hotel down the street all to himself this weekend for one night. He's been working on a crazy project for work and he is tired and I know that he would never do it for himself so I went ahead and booked and paid and said "NON-REFUNDABLE, SUCKAH!" My friend was over when I gave him the print out and she was like, after "Is he happy?". And I was like "oh , totally!". Still waters run deep, my friends. And, I make up for more than enough enthusiasm in this relationship. I'm a toy poodle to his stoic owl.

So, he will be at a hotel and I will be home watching stuff on the television and I think it will be great for both of us. Sometimes it is important to just do something nice and selfless for your partner. And yes, I might be a little excited about having our child-sized bed to myself but I'm also pretty excited to know that he will get to sleep in and hopefully come back well rested and happy. Maybe then I'll tell him about my plans for a chalkboard ceiling or my new hobby of building chandliers. Or maybe not.

And now I am going to head to bed because it has been a long day and I need some R and R. Sweet dreams!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge