Bye October

Byeeee October! While I love the month, October this year was not the best. I lost my cousin and we had a terrible time with the daycare. I sat on the edge of my "seat" waiting for a job and last night, while I was out, the Husband called a doctor to come to our apartment to check the Kid and now it seems like he has an ear infection. Le sigh. When I got home, the Kid was sleeping on the sofa so I moved him into our bed where he spent the night breakdancing in his sleep. At one point I was awakened because he inadvertently kicked me in the face. I am not sure why he was in that position. Around 4 a.m. he was lying on my legs. At 5 he got up and poked me and asked for milk and walked back to his crib. He seems to be fine this morning so I'm not sure if it is an ear infection or just an irritation. Bye October.

The best part of October was finding out about my job - yes, awesome. And of course the Halloween party. I think that this past month planned to make it a whirlwind of emotions for me to make sure I'm strong enough. It was a test. I think I passed. But now I can go forward. Bye October.

Today is an Austrian public holiday but not at work. I was not in the mood to leave home this morning. At least it is a Friday and I know I have a relaxing weekend in front of me. Actually, not so relaxing; I have work to do. Something interesting is happening and I will mention this something interesting when I know more. It will be something on the side that I think would make me veddy veddy happy. Stay tuned.

I cannot believe that it is now November. Now is the time to start the Christmas shopping. I have already purchased a couple of things but I still have lots and lots to buy. I prefer quantity over quality. Not to say my gifts are crap, but I like to give lots of little stuff. It's my way to say "I love you".

Just a few more hours to go and then I can head home and spend time with the Kid and make dinner and drink wine and think "No party planning, this weekend". I think I will even take a bath and do my nails and perhaps, if I have the energy, dye my hair. I'm thinking dark brown. Bangs? Hipster glasses? Lipo? So many regretful things can happen.

Totally the plan
Totally the outcome
Saturday morning will involve a little bit of shopping. I'm on the lookout for a couple of heeled boots. And pink tinsel. In the afternoon we'll take a Fall walk and then come home to crockpot Thai curry and maybe we'll even stay up long enough to watch a film that lasts just over 90 minutes. We aim high. We're crazy! CRAZY LIKE A FOX!

So, I salute you, November, let's make this month awesome! I have a feeling, you will be. Bye October.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge