A Later Shift

Monday I had to start work at 12. It actually was a blessing in disguise. I got to clean up the apartment and unpack and kill whatever was living under the couch. After dropping off the Kid, I ran around non-stop for 3 hours. It was like a sequel to Run Lola Run - The Housewife Challenge. I was schwitzing. But the place was gleaming and off to work I went. Yesterday was a normal workday and I even had time for a quick glass of wine at our local cafe before heading home and spending time with the Kid. He is now obsessed with the Donald Duck episode on Mickey's Christmas. He literally falls to the ground in hysterics. I can't help but keep playing it because there is nothing quite like hearing a belly laugh from your kid. After dinner and a bath, we threw him into bed and the Husband and I sat down and ate and talked and it was nice.

This morning I hit the gym again! Atta girl! Dropped the Kid off at daycare and then ran to the shops to get stuff. Then I put away laundry and cleaned up a bit. This afternoon, the Kid and the Husband are meeting a speech therapist and I don't want to get a report that says something like "Kid can't speak well due to unhygienic surroundings". I kind of wish I could be home for the appointment but maybe it's better that I am not. I'd probably be like Pimp Momma Kris Jenner (as known in the celebrity gossip circles), giving the Kid visual cues and making him say "butterfly" over and over again. I warned the therapist that he isn't exactly the easiest to work with but neither is Cher and look how great she is!

I am looking forward to hearing her report and seeing what we can do to make him speak more. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean, make him speak so that we can understand what he is saying because once he gets going... he.don't.stop.

We also have an appointment on December 12 at a "diagnosis center" which involves 4 different doctors analyzing him over the course of 3-4 sessions. How fun! Let's see what they can come up with. Hopefully something will come out of it so I can run out and get a bumper sticker declaring that my child is special. Sigh. I cannot wait for a time when there will be no drama. Still waiting.

In other news, I bought pillows today. I went to the store Reiter which is ridiculously expensive but I thought to myself "screw it, Mommy needs pillows with penguins on them". And here are the pillows that I paid way too much for. Aren't they pretty?

Tonight I should be at work until 8 and then I will head home for some crockpot fajita lovin and of course, the full report about the therapist visit. Cannot wait!

And, before I forget... My mother didn't hear about the Blue Light from Oprah. It was through her studies with Cambridge. I apologize for the misquote. Please keep giving me your clothes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge