Mani, Pedi and Day 4 of Low Carbing

As I mentioned the other day, I'm back on the low carb wagon. I want to feel a little less bloated. All bets are off when I go to Berlin, though. And then, when I get back, I'm back on it again until Christmas. Day 4 is the magic day when you are low carbing. The first 3 days are the hardest but once you get through that, you feel awesome. I have actually been to the gym three times this week (I'm expecting a slow clap from you all). And so far I've completed two daycare drop offs... in heels, uphill both ways. I'm getting my strongs back.

Anyway, this evening a friend and I are getting mani/pedis. In North America, this is a common occurrence... in Austria... not so much. Pedicures are considered medical procedures so they cost an arm and a foot (ahahahah! I'm here all night, folks). However, when my friend and I were walking in the center a few weeks ago, we saw a new nail place and it looked AMAHZING! A row of really big pedicure chairs and nice lighting and no neon lighting! The prices looked pretty good so we did a little happy dance and pressed our faces against the glass and probably scared the bejeebus out of the woman inside shutting down the shop. It is a walk-in place as well. I feel like I've died and gone to Toronto. Yaay! So stay tuned for the review! I can't wait!

In other news, I made an awesome dinner last night. I actually make this dish often, even if I'm not low carbing. I have to find the link to the original because I can't take credit for it... It is so so so good. (I think I might have posted this recipe a long time ago. Oh well, here it is again!)

Low Carb Onion Pie (serves 2-4)

2-3 tablespoons of butter
A few dashes of sweetener
5 white onions sliced thinly
9 eggs
1 cup cream
2 cups shredded cheese (I use Bergkaese because it has some kick!)
Salt and peppa
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning

In a skillet, caramelize your onions. I don't use sugar but liquid sweetener instead. In the meantime, take a pie plate and spread the shredded cheese and cover the bottom completely. Then add the brown/caramelized onions on top of the cheese. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and cream and seasonings. Then pour the mixture over the cheese and onions and bake for about 30 minutes at 200 or until it is solid and slightly brown on top. Then slice and eat. I guarantee you, you will think this is amazing! It also reheats well! Just had some at my desk and stunk up the office!

So that is it for today. I have 6 hours to go until my feet will be tackled. I'm so ready and excited that I even shaved my toes this morning! Happy Hump Day!

Comments

  1. That was quite a day! Anyway, the trivia about pedicure in Austria is very interesting. It's nice that they give high regards to this simple hygiene. Not to mention the fact that you’re free from any bacterial infections that are commonly associated with pedicures. Thanks for sharing!

    Nathaniel Holt @ Detail Woman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge