A Night Alone

Yesterday I sent the Husband off to a hotel so that he could get a good night's sleep. I am heading to Berlin to see my parental units on my own in a couple of weeks and felt a little guilty that he would be alone with the Kid for 2 nights. I feel like we're even now.

The afternoon with the Kid was awesome. We played and watched a DVD. Thanks to a friend's suggestion, I had bought Mickey's Christmas. I popped the DVD in and was happy to see the Kid seemed to enjoy it. The "film" is broken into 3 parts. The first part features Donald Duck and his three nephews. The plot is Groundhog Day-esque. All I can say is that Daisy Duck needs to tone it down a little. He hasn't put a ring on it, Daisy. Let him chase you.

The second part was about Goofy and his son. Goofy has a son? He's a single dad and I couldn't help but feel absolutely terrible thinking that Goofy is probably a widow. I had images of him at the funeral holding his newborn child and it got to be a little too much. And Goofy? Such a nice guy. Ach. I feel like I should set him up with someone.

The third part was about Mickey trying to get enough money to buy Minnie a Christmas gift. It kind of drove me nuts that he hadn't planned this earlier. Christmas is on the same damn day every year, Mickey! Get your shit together!
This is fabulous! Merry Christmas!
But the film is great and is totally starting to get me in the Christmas mood. I don't want to overdo it too early but I really need an awesome Christmas this year! I even started my Christmas notebook which is my annual guide of Christmas presents I need to purchase, who I need to send Christmas cards to (please note: my Christmas cards are not your garden variety of cards and if you want one, please private message me your address within the next week. If you got one last year, I probably stupidly lost your address so please re-send it!) and of course which Christmas crafts I will attempt this year. This year will involve spray paint and the possibility of knocking myself out with the fumes. Fun!
Totally stole my Christmas card idea. Pervert in Wonderland.
After a perfect afternoon and evening (the Husband dropped off roses outside the door as a thank you because he is incredibly sweet and awesome and maybe because he thinks I kicked him out in an elaborate ruse), I gave the Kid a bath and then sent him to bed. Of course he asked for 3 bottles of milk over the course of 90 minutes and I gave in because I stupidly thought he would sleep better. At 3:30 a.m. he woke up and wanted some more damn milk and I gave in and then at 4:30 he woke up again and he was the perfect impression of a waterlogged phonebook. So I changed him and brought him to my bed and he just snuggled with me and it was adorable and then at 5:30 he was like "Bitch, I got to sleep in my own bed" so I brought him back and he slept for an hour and now, here we are. I am so very tired. Onto my third cup of coffee. I'm a little shaky. The Husband should be home just after 11 and he better be well-rested.

So I wish you a happy Sunday. Yesterday I met up with an old college friend and his wife. It was crazy to see him after 10 years. This is the second college friend I've met this year. I'm sensing a trend. Stay tuned for my post "Being an Adult" in a few days... Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge