Working on my fitness

 I joined a gym in February. It is across the street and is one of the only ones in this city that has good hours. A few weeks ago, I read a bulletin board advertising a ladies gym and the hours were something like Monday to Friday 11 am to 6 pm Saturdays 2 pm to 5 pm. Sundays closed. Yeah, totally practical. The employees must love working there, if it hasn’t closed already due to the ridiculous hours. My gym, slightly guido, (I can write that now because it is used all the time due to the brilliance of Jersey Shore) is amazing and cheap and even has a women’s section that is excellent.

Reasons that this gym is excellent:

Opens at 6 a.m. and closes at midnight (not that I have ever had the possibility or urge to get one more session in at 11 p.m.)

Price, oh the price is the lowest of the low for Europe (19 Euros a month)

Location

Ladies section that is actually filled with enough machines AND is right beside the changing rooms so I don’t have to walk past a bunch of meatheads in my camel toe making spandex. Win for everybody!


Since I’ve been working out pretty regularly since February, I would like to say I have noticed a change. Some people have commented but I think they just want to get on my good side. The weight hasn’t dropped dramatically which has lead me to believe that either a) I am a complete and utter failure and ergo my metabolism has realised that or b) the diet has got to change. 

Right now I aim for 40 minutes on the crosstrainer 3-4 times a week. If I am going to be a middle aged blonde bombshell, I am going to have to up the workouts to 5 times a week. That’s ok since I like to think that those 40 minutes in the gym is my alone time. Just me, my Kindle, and the sound of my heart bursting out of my chest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge