A Typical Week day for me

I’m starting today. It’s a Tuesday at the beginning of May. A typical weekday for me is as follows:

5:40 Alarm goes off.

5:55 Dressed in sweats and out the door

6:03 In the gym and on the crosstrainer

6:43 Off the crosstrainer. Sunglasses on for the 2 minute walk back home. I go beet red after exercise. I can’t even bend over lest I blush. And sunglasses in size XXL will protect me from the paparazzi and/or homeless men in the park

7:00 Showered and hair a mess. Get kid (who stinks) out of bed. Change him. Dress him. Feed him. And then allow him to gaze at me adoringly (read: eat my blush) while I do my make up on the sofa in the living room (only place with natural light).

8:00 Wonderful father and husband straps kid up in stroller and takes him to daycare while I chug my coffee and head to work.

8:30-6:00 Work and stuff

6:00 Home and with kid. Thank our amazing nanny and send her home. Play with kid and wait for husband to get home.

6:45 Kid in bed. Me in kitchen making dinner. Glass of wine clutched in free hand.

7:10 Watch several repeat episodes of Two and a Half Men while we eat on the sofa. Meal most likely contains cheese.

8:15-9:45 Argument about what to watch

9:45 Don’t touch me, I’m tired. Zzzzzzzzzz.



One night a week I go out with my friends.


Weekends for the past 3 months since I started working mostly consists of me watching TV or throwing a plush ball at the kid’s head (he loves it, I swear).

So that is my schedule and I like to add more stress by working on other unpaid projects on my weekends. I’m currently launching a fashion site with a friend (which will most likely feature in this blog) and once in a while I write articles about my life in Vienna for an online English speaking Newspaper. Tova and the Stadt - oh so witty! - You a funny lady, Tova. Sigh.

At this point in the schedule, I would like to point out that I am only over ambitious when I am interested in something. Like Pinterest. Hire me. I’d work for shoes. But yet, with all the great and exciting things going on in my life, I’m still not pretty. So today’s the day I try and give myself an affordable makeover and maybe with a little luck, get people to read my story.

Today is the day I will start thinking like a pretty person. Living like a pretty person. Taking my cues from reality show stars like Gretchen Rossi and other seemingly vapid current “it girls”. But as a side note, I truly think these women are not vapid. They are on  shows watched by millions. Cunning, no? And I will fight to the death to defend my love of reality TV. Seriously. Back off. But today is the day (not like the other time I tried to do this months and months ago).

 So here I am. About 5’2, mousy badly dyed brown hair and weighing in at 132. And I will pat myself on my back because approximately 14 months ago I weighed 211 pounds (pregnancy and eating my weight in pizza daily). How low do I want to go? Not sure. But I’m aiming for trim and the option to dress slutty for Halloween

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge