Zombie Parents

Wassup mes amies? Gangsta French! Allover that! Anyway, today's post is again a mish mash. I plan to save the long drawn out posts for when I hit Barcelona... or as I like to say Barthelona. Which Office Twin says makes me sound like Cartman.

I cannot believe that in two sleeps I will be heading to Spain for a quick weekend to visit one of my oldest and dearest friends! I am plutzing. I am so over the top excited for this girl weekend! My flight is at 7 a.m. and I am taking Austrian Airlines because I refuse to "save" 100 euros and fly a budget airline. And yes, I am a snob. When we flew back from Rome, we took Vueling and I literally wanted to stick bamboo sticks up into my fingernails. Flying, which I wrote about a few weeks back, is not my favourite activity. Perhaps because I am an impatient Jewess who doesn't understand why she isn't upgraded immediately due to her charm and wit. Or is it the fact that without fail, I will be stuck in security behind the white version of Mr. T. but instead of being a charming anti-hero, a complete idiot who doesn't understand that his collection Zales gold chains will in fact set off the metal detector. Gah!

Maybe it is the fact that I just don't like flying ever since I became an adult. Suddenly the excitement of flying was lost when we had to suddenly take off our adorable wedged boots. But I digress. I haven't really been able to get super excited about the trip because I am literally running on fumes. Since Sunday, the Kid has been incredibly difficult and has not been sleeping. The Husband and I are being woken up periodically throughout the night and here is a thing about waking me up in the middle of the night... I'm not pleasant. I am mean. I am a morning person. But I am not a middle of the night person. I think what was the terrible rotting cherry on top was that when I got home on Monday, the Nanny was a wreck; the Kid had a fit and we haven't really experienced a super serious one in a long time and all I can think of is "Here we go again". It was heart breaking. Add that to 4 nights of being woken up by a screaming child and I am a little at my wit's end. I think the hardest part of it all is that the Kid is 4 and still isn't speaking so we have no idea if he is yelling in pain or if he is just as upset as I am that that Duggar family is even considering going back on the air. We've been averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep. No bueno.

But at least last night I had a great evening out. Small mercies. I met up with a new friend I met a couple of months ago at another great night out. She is fabulous and a lot of fun to hang out with. She suggested we meet at the roof top bar at the Twenty Five Hours Hotel.  For some reason, I was convinced I had been there before. I have been to 1500 Foodmakers which is on the ground floor and I adore their pizza. And their pizza knives. Trust me. Go there, order the pizza, look at the knives and then buy me a couple because I am awesome. But as I was saying, I had it in my mind that I had been to the upstairs bar but no, no I have never been to the bar decorated like what I imagine my dad's dorm room in the 70's would be decorated like. It's eclectic and awesome and the view of Vienna is out of this world.

We met at 5:30. I ordered a Lillet spritzer which is so 2014 (I say that like I am cool and hip and I am not). The evolution of the white spritzer has been interesting. You started with your regular spritzer, then a few years ago there was the Aperol spritzer, then the Hugo was the spritzer du jour and now it is the Lillet. Important things to know, my friends. After the Lillet, I had a Hugo and then we both decided that we needed to switch to Gin and Tonics because...less sweet. At one point my new friend recognized somebody she knew and he joined us for a round. And he bought a round which in my books is the way to my heart. It was a fabulous night up on the roof, enjoying the view and talking. Just another one of those wonderful Vienna nights. Aaaand it started pouring when we left and I had a full Gene Kelly moment in Drasche Park as I headed home. The happies. I needed them.

The good news is that today the Kid was a lot better and the Nanny didn't seem as on edge as she has been the last few days. He seems to be reverting back to his happy goofy self. On Monday, after I arrive back in Vienna, I am heading to meet our new therapist for the Kid. I want to up the hours: we will still have Fridays with the other therapist but 30 minutes a week with a professional is not enough. It is going to cost us A LOT so I need to look into stripping on the side to make some more money. And by stripping I mean people paying me to keep my clothes on. So please send good thoughts our way that the Kid actually sleeps through the night tonight because I cannot take another day at work walking around like a zombie. It's not a good look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge