Just Three Weeks Left of Summer

I write that like I have had the summer off. But in terms of centerpieces, 3 more weeks of sunflowers and lavender and then onto gourds. September is the start of the awesomeness of Fall; when the days get a little bit shorter, the air is just a little bit crisp, and I add brown to my wardrobe. I love that time of year but I also need to hold off for a little bit before I go BUY ALL THE PUMPKINS! I need to slow down, take advantage of the last of the long days and hot weather. And it is hot again. I think this might be the hottest summer ever!!!

Back in June I wrote out a summer bucket list and since we are almost into the middle of August, I thought I would take a look at it and see how much I have accomplished. I like a good list. That's what she said.

- Summer Stage a couple of times
- Rathausplatz film festival a couple of times
- Picnic in the Prater
- Hermann Strandbar
- Sand in the city
- Attend a couple of bbq's
- Go swimming (this might not happen, depends if I find a full body swimsuit)
- Stay up late to watch a summer storm
- Walk through the vineyards
- Get caught in a rainstorm (apparently I want to live in a Nicholas Sparks novel)
- Take a summer holiday
- Take a boat... any old boat will do
- Finish my darn book (that's more a goal, but if I can do that through summer storms, I will kill two birds with one stone).



Eh, not bad. I should have added: Visit two fabulous cities because between Rome last weekend and Barcelona in a couple of weeks, that would be an awesome awesome summer bucket list! Looking back at the list I realize I have done a few of the above already:

Summer Stage - Check
Rathausplatz - Check (need to go a couple more times)
Attend a couple of bbq's - Check
Go swimming - Check, check.
Walk through the vineyards - Check. (In Kritzendorf)
Take a summer holiday - Rome (and soon Barcelona)

Now I need a damn summer storm, find a boat to take and actually sit down and finish some chapters. But I do have to say it has been a pretty spectacular summer so far.

Yesterday after work I headed to Thalia for some paint. I picked up a jar of Wedgewood blue as well as silver and gold. And did you know that they sell Bob Ross products?!?! I LOVE BOB ROSS! Except when I don't love Bob Ross. Dude, you made me believe I could draw happy little trees. And I couldn't. You are dead to me. Oh, I can't stay mad at you. Come here and give me a hug.
Well, happy birthday to me because this is the awesomest thing I have found on the Internet.

Anyway, the reason I was buying paint was because I have decided to paint the shoe racks in the hallway/foyer. I was debating what to go for... maybe a dark brown, perhaps a shocking green but then I decided on blue. And which blue? There are so many blues. I finally settled on haint blue. Haint blue is that blue that is painted on the ceilings of Savannah porches and y'all know how much I love the idea of the South. So haint blue it is. And the legend is spooky which is right up my alley. And check out that porch!!!


And I needed to make the racks "pop" so I decided on gold trim. It's looking good so far and I can't wait to be finished so I can take pictures and be like "Suck on that, Pinterest!" Again, I can't stay mad at you, Pinterest. Come here. I also bought some binders and last night spent most of the evening sorting and filing tons and tons of paper work. We are going to need another storage closet. Crap.




We just had a pizza dinner (Blergh, temptress of cheese and dough, I despair of you) and soon the Kid will go to bed. I will finish up one rack and start on the second one. Tomorrow morning I am going to my very first spin class so I ask you all to keep me in your thoughts. In the afternoon I am heading to a friend's bbq. And on Sunday is a friend's son's birthday party. This will be a milestone for the Kid. We haven't attended a bday party (besides his own) in two years. I am nervous but I am determined to try it out and I have been told there will be drinks there... to numb the pain. I wish you all a great Friday night and stay tuned for Adventures in Spinning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge