I Went Spinning for the First Time

So, like, I tried out a new workout. Yeah. It's this called spinning. I have had a couple friends say things like "YOU HAVE TO TRY IT! IT IS AMAZING!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!" and in response, I pick up my glass of Zweigelt and say "Biking on stationary bikes and trying not to keel over and die is not my thing." and they go and on and on about how amazing it is and that I would love it. I've been able to get out of going but then the other day I was pm'ing with a friend and I finally caved and said "Oh, fine! I'll go!" like I was doing her a big favour.

So yesterday was the big day. The day that shall go down as the day that Tova went spinning... or also the day that Tova went to an awesome bbq and got a little sloshed with friends and washed her wine glass out in the sprinkler cause she was switching to red. Cough.

I met my friend in the morning and first stopped by to check out her awesome new apartment. Then we went to Starbucks in our workout gear and I kept thinking to myself "We look very West Coast mom right now" as we ordered our cold coffees. I kept checking the clock and suggested we head to the class because I will pretty much cut somebody if I am late. We walked up Neubaugasse and we were there and I started to feel my stomach clench. I was suddenly incredibly nervous. Her adorable son looked at me from his stroller and although he can't talk yet, gave me a mental fist bump with his eyes. We had arrived at Radikal Spin. It was time.

The trainer showed up and we walked into the reception which is pretty psychedelic. Or dare I say cycledelic. Oh hahaha. I am so witty.

It is a large reception area with a bathroom off to the right. There is a small desk at the end of the room and past that is the "ROOM". In the "ROOM" there are at least 15 bikes in two clusters and two rows deep. One wall has a large mirror and in front a platform with a bike and sound system. The room is dark which made me feel better (my shame is better in the dark). If you walk through the "ROOM" there is a changing place with lockers on the other side and just past that is a play room. Radikal spin offers daycare during the class for 6 euros which is AMAZING! After my short tour, we headed back into the "ROOM". My friend showed me how to adjust my bike for the class and I kept wondering if I could sneak out before the class would start. It was dark in there...




Then it was time for us to all get on our bikes and the trainer got on her bike and she started the music. We started cycling and it was a decent pace and I thought "O.K. this is manageable. This is like a nice bike ride through the countryside. Sure, techno isn't usually on my playlist but this works." Then the beat got faster and so did we. And then the madness started. We had to stand up on our bikes while cycling...with a smile (I made that last part up, there was no smiling). Then we had to bop up and down and my thighs started screaming "WHY?!?!" the music was loud and I was grateful to be in the second row so I couldn't see the look of despair and agony that was no doubt showing on my already purple/red face. And just when I thought my spleen would explode out of my chest, we had to increase the resistance. ARE YOU ALL MAD?!?! My friend had told me the day before to bring a small towel. I should have brought a bathrobe. My word do you sweat. I mean, I sweat in Bikram but this was even more. Just when I thought that I could no longer go on, the class was coming to an end. I was amazed that the 45 minutes actually went by so quickly and I almost cried tears of happiness. Tears of someone who has made it.

A few times during the class I had to just sit down and pedal but for the most part, I did alright, while plotting revenge. It is, however, a kick ass workout. This is not for the non-cardio people. This is cardio on crack. Like, my heart expanded three times its actual size because of the cardio crackness of it all. This is a workout like I have never experienced. And I am totally coming back. If you want to give it a spin (Oh Tova, you just don't quit, do you?) check out Radikal Spin. The link is here and you can check them out on Facebook. Everybody told me my butt would hurt and I thought they meant my butt muscles. But no, my butt hurts. Bicycle seats are not sofa seats. Ouch. Otherwise I feel pretty good today. I hope to go back next Saturday and to make this a once a week habit. Amazing. I actually LOVED it and my friends were right.

So in summary, this has been a pretty good weekend. I finished painting the shoe racks and they are super cute. I will be posting pictures soon. In the afternoon on Saturday I went to a bbq where too much wine was consumed. It was a super fun time with awesome company and food and I believe I kept yelling "THIS IS AWESOME!" This morning I woke up feeling, shall we say, a little delicate. I spent the morning trying to find some blasted tape to wrap a present. I also consumed way too much toast and cheese. Then I rounded up the Kid and we made our way to a birthday party in 37 degree heat. This was a big deal for us (not the heat. That just sucked) and the Kid rocked it! I am so proud of him and I am actually proud of myself for not bowing out. I want him to have a normal childhood and to be accepted by his peers. Being a parent of a special needs kid is quite isolating sometimes. There aren't many invites and it is a little heartbreaking so when we do get invited, it really makes my heart happy. And it makes my heart race, wondering if we will actually be able to attend without a hostage situation occurring. The Kid is in bed and soon, so will I be. I am pretty exhausted but Gone Girl has me hooked and I cannot put it down. I was again, so very wrong when I said I hated it. It is good. Like, really really good. Have an awesome Sunday night and catch you on the flipside.


Comments

  1. nice...
    http://www.angelmstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post..

    Thanks for posting this blog.

    The King of Bollywood, SRK, is well-known throughout the world as the best actor. From the days of his struggle to today when he is on the peak of his glory, one thing that has remained beside him is his wife, Gauri Khan. They definitely are the power couples of Bollywood who back each other up in every situation. SRK fans are loyal to him and love all of his quirks. One of the biggest fantasies of Shah Rukh Khan Fans like me is always to catch up with a sneak peek of his beautiful home, “Mannat.”

    You can see the blog

    mannat srk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this blog.Bollywood is all about love and romance. Back in the golden era the plot only revolves around a basic love story with a twist of betrayal and a bunch of songs involving trees.

    You can visit our blog to catch latest and trendy news regarding bollywood.

    love story bollywood movies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge