Welaxed Wednesday

Last day of leisure before going back to work. Yesterday was a great and lazy day with the Kid. He is off daycare and our nanny was off so we decided to be over achieving parents and do very little.

We took a walk to the shoe repair place on Margareten. I walked in and a grizzled man took my two shoes and then asked for my name. I said "Tova" and he wrote it down and then paused. I am used to this. Usually what follows is "Where are you from?" to which I respond "Canada." and then sometimes there will be the follow-up question "Is TOVA a Canadian name?" I sometimes say yes, I sometimes say it is Swedish and only if I am truly comfortable in the situation will I say it is Hebrew. Safety first, my friends... sadly. But this time the man behind the counter said "That's a Hebrew name." and I paused and then said "Yes. Yes, it is." and then he asked "Do you know what it means?" and I nodded and said "Yes, but I am not." (Tova means "good") and then he laughed. He asked when I could pick up the shoes and I said Friday evening. And he shook his head and said "Not possible." and I said "Saturday?" and he looked at me in disappointment and said "Shabbat." CRAP! I AM THE WORST JEW EVER!

So that was that and after that embarrassing-I-bring-shame-upon-my-family moment, we headed down to the vegan store. I bought a couple of supplies and then we all walked back home. In the evening I met my friend to go spinning. It was her first time and I was worried she would hate me by the end of the class but she ROCKED it. I am still hooked on the spinning. Going again on Saturday. I walked home, had a vegan pizza (sob sob sob) and then slept the sleep of smug people. This morning I was going to go for a run but my robe was too fluffy, my tea perfectly warm, and there is that Ashley Madison scandal so my ass stayed on the sofa. So many reality stars caught up in the hacking. So many.

Today I have a hair appointment. I'm going darker for the Fall. And maybe get some bangs. Stay tuned for all the regrets I will be having. Afterwards I am going to the Art History Museum (KHM) because I realized I need to get some culture... especially after spending 2 hours reading the comments on gossip sites. After I will most likely meet a friend for a drink and then onward to Corbacci for an event. Tomorrow morning I have to go and extend my residency visa. That is literally my least favourite thing to do ever. LIKE EVER! So I will feel better after that is done. Come on 10 year visa! Fingers crossed. After work tomorrow I am meeting a friend at Rathausplatz for our last summer hurrah. I cannot believe this summer is almost over... I didn't even get to go to camp and switch places with my twin sister so that we could completely gaslight our terrible terrible parents who separated us because they couldn't co-parent. Asses. Anyway, have an awesome day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge