Awesome Weekend and What's Up This Week

Good morning everybody! If you are in Vienna, you will have noticed that it has cooled down considerably and that there is rain. Finally some rain! In the middle of the night there was thunder and it was insane! The whole apartment shook and I was a little concerned because it is an old building and I worry about her hip. But with the thunder came a storm and now I am on the sofa, enjoying the monsoon. I was going to go for a run this morning but a) I am tired and b) I am insane, but not insane enough to go out in this weather.

It was a great weekend! Friday night the Husband and I went out and watched Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. The Husband is still talking about it like an academic would discuss some groundbreaking work "It was exciting. Never a slow moment. And the motorcycle scene?!? And that evil guy Lane? His voice? (Mimics deep breathing)" I have never seen him so excited about a film. His stock response when I have asked him in the past if he has enjoyed a film has been "It was o.k." He also likes to point out the unbelievable parts in films like Transformers... like a film about robot cars is not unbelievable enough... On Saturday I went spinning with two friends. It was an insane class and I kept saying "I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry!" at the end of each song. They both seemed to love it and that is great! I am going again on Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to sit down by then (insert inappropriate and dirty joke here. Or not. T'is a G-rated blog).

Since Saturday was a public holiday, we lazed around and did very little. Sunday morning I went to Bikram and then the Husband went for a run and then off to a BBQ we went! It was awesome and the Kid was great. The weather was perfect, the food was plentiful and I was that asshole who brought her own veggie burgers to put on the grill among all the good, good meat. Gah! But I am proud of myself and at least I could get high from the second hand meat smells. It meant so much to us to bring the Kid and to at least have some normalcy in our lives. I often make it seem that my life is Tra la la la fun fun fun no worries awesome and for the most part, it is awesome, but there is also a lot of angst, anxiety and sadness, too. When friends are supportive and understanding, it truly is the best feeling in the world! Thank you, friends, you mean the world to me. In short, the BBQ was A+ awesome! Yaay!

We headed home after a few hours and then I did some laundry, wrote a couple of e-mails and then headed out to the Leopold Cafe at MQ to meet a friend. As I mentioned last week, I have joined The House of Canada. Last night our meeting was to discuss what products to bring to the site and I am so so very excited. We also discussed a couple of events coming up and I hope that a lot of you can join because it will be awesome, eh!

This week will be fairly low key. On Tuesday I will be doing another spin class (hold me) and on Wednesday I am meeting a friend for drinks at the 25 Hours Hotel. Hopefully the Husband and I can watch Gone Girl and then on Saturday, early in the morning, I am heading to BARCELONA for two nights!!! I cannot believe it and I don't think I want to pack much because I want to make room for all the shopping. Please don't tell the Husband. I wish you all an awesome week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge