Mission Impossible.. not bad, actually

So yesterday the Mother in Law took the Kid for the night. It was an awesome thing to do and it gave the Husband and I a chance to watch a film. We decided on Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation for the sole reason that part of the film was filmed in Vienna and that is just awesome. There is definitely a sense of pride I feel for my adoptive country when it is shown in a positive light.

We met for a drink before the film and I kept fanning myself, annoyed at this non-stop heatwave. The Husband was like "Gosh, I hope it isn't too cold in the theater." Activate death stare. We bought some popcorn and took our seats. Previews are my favourite thing ever. I kept saying "Oooh, want to watch that." or "Oh GOD NO! NEVER!"  The film started and I was hooked. It was fun and wild and hats off to Tom Cruise for obviously bathing in virgin blood. Say what you will about the Tom and his religious persuasion, but the man is impressive. I also can't believe the stunts that he did and bravo to him for choosing the female lead. Holy crap. AMAZING! A female lead in her 30's?!?! Why, that is madness! I kept thinking how much she looked like Ingird Bergman and when I went home and googled her, I found out she is Swedish. You make pretty people, Sweden. It was a fast-paced film and both the Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And the opera house looked great. I act like I built the damn place. And I yes, I was attracted to the bad bad creepy villain. I can't help it. I like the creep factor. I am ashamed.

The only crap thing about last night was that the film blacked out three times. I was not amused. Otherwise it was a great time. We stopped at Swing Kitchen for a later dinner and then headed home for a good night sleep. I woke up at 6 and the Husband was like "I thought you were going to sleep in!" and I was like "I did!" but then at 7:00, I opened up all the windows (finally a breeze!) and slept for another couple of hours. Bliss. I am back from Spin Class (what an insane workout. Love.it) and the Husband is bringing the Kid back. The rest of the weekend will be chill and we will be cleaning, crafting and watching the TV. Hurrah for quiet weekends! HURRAH, I say!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge