Project of the Week and A Big Project

Sup, sup Wednesday! Sup, sup Vienna! This heat is killing me and yes I know that in a few months I will be that obnoxious person whining on Facebook "IT'S SOOOO COOOLD!" Don't try to change me. Last night the Kid slept through the night which was a huge relief. The previous nights? He has been a hot mess. Actually, that was me. On Monday night he woke up at 1 a.m. and started whispering and this went on until 5 a.m. GAH! By 5 I  was in the Kid's bed, the Husband slept on the sofa and the Kid got our big bed. He's actually quite brilliant. When the Kid gets into one of his "Can't sleep" modes, we go through several stages of grief. First there is denial:
"How are you not tired?!? You were running around all day! This cannot be happening!"
Then there is negotiation:
"O.K. I will get you some milk but then you are going to go to sleep, right?"
Then anger.
"I swear to God, if you do not fall asleep right now, you shall never watch Paw Patrol again!"
Then acceptance.
"Fine, I will sleep in your bed."

But yay! Last night he slept! Yesterday I hit up an early morning Bikram class. For the first time I did not want the class to hurry up and finish already. I actually enjoyed it. There was a guy doing it for the first time: a pretty built and manly man type of guy. His mat was beside mine (I like the back row to hide my shame) and he kept looking at me to figure out the positions. I wanted to whisper: "Hey! Hey! No! Don't look at me! I can't do any of the moves yet. Eyes front! Eyes front!" After class, I ran home and showered and headed to work and I was pretty zen for most of the morning. In the evening I headed to MQ to Cafe Leopold to meet a friend. Originally we were going to meet outside but I wrote her that there is air conditioning inside the cafe. She asked me what I preferred and I responded with "I'm chubby. Inside would be good for me."

The reason for the meeting was to discuss The House of Canada. My date last night is the founder of this awesome site and when I met her back in June, I expressed interest in collaborating with her. And by expressing interest I was more like "THIS IS THE AWESOMEST IDEA EVER AND I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT!" I am, if nothing else, subtle. So we had a great talk about ideas and the next steps so stay tuned for awesomeness ahead!!! Cannot wait!! To check out the site, click here or check it out on Facebook.

In other news, I finally finished up a project of the week. The idea was to pretty up the shoe rack in the foyer and to just make it look nicer. I decided on haint blue and gold. The gold is more of a yellow but that is ok. I still think it looks pretty nice. Here is the before:
That chest of drawers in the back? Also will be getting a makeover.


And the after:



I am happy with how it turned out. And if you think these are all my shoes, you obviously don't know me. These are my everyday summer shoes. Heels and winter shoes are in the closet. Come September, I will have to do the old switcheroo. The great thing about this project was also the chance to cull my collection. I ended up donating about 5 pairs of shoes to charity and come Fall, I have no doubt I will have some more to give away. And since I still had some paint, I also painted this vase. It was originally a red glass vase. Here's the thing... I can't have red in my house. It freaks me out. Red is an aggressive colour and while I like it in clothing, shoes, purses and lipstick, I hate having it my house! Back in the old apartment, before the living room makeover, our colour scheme was red, orange and brown; to match the 70's vibe of the place. After the Kid was born, the colour red started to make me a little loco and I had to re-decorate in blues and creams to get over the angst. And to this day, I still can't handle red. Bull, flag? So I upcycled and here is the new vase. It will be a coin holder.

So that is it for now. I am looking forward to an air conditioned day at work followed by a quiet night at home. The Gone Girl DVD arrived so I think we will watch the first half tonight. I can't wait! And I have a feeling that the Husband will be giving me a lot of side eye through out. I might even pat his leg and say something like "If you ever cheat...." and let the sentence die. Heh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge