The Hangover Miracle of 2011

In 2011, a friend was getting married. I was one of the bridesmaids and the only request was that my dress be grey (love this idea). The Kid was about 6 months old at the time and I had lost all of my baby weight but still not my got fat-unemployed weight. I ordered a purty dress online and when it arrived it taught me that I don't know how to measure myself. It did not fit and so I did the level-headed thing and broke down in tears and wailed "I'm FAAAAAAAATTT" The Husband, being an awesome guy, told me to go and buy another dress. So I did and it was awful. I looked like the Elephant Man nekkid. I cried some more and looked at the lovely dress I had purchased that did not fit and felt sad. So sad.

Two weeks passed and the bachelorette party was on! I went, had an awesome time and stumbled home around 4 in the morning (it had been years since I had done that). In the morning, like around 8, I woke up shakily and decided to try on the dress. Obviously I was still drunk. The dress did up! I texted my friend, another bridesmaid, and declared it a "Hangover Mircacle!" It truly was and it was a beautiful thing. All was good in the world.

I look back fondly on that Hangover Miracle and I have discovered I need another one. In just over a week I am heading to a friend's for a pre-Kirtag (Austrian wine drinking event) warm up and I need to wear my dirndl. Something like dis (actually, that is the exact one I own):


I tried it on last week and it won't do up. The shame! So, since that time, I have been veddy veddy careful about what I eat. Every other day I'm been trying the dress on and inch by inch it is going up. I think I can do it. Stay tuned for August 24! Will the saints of the Hangover Miracle bless me with their presence?One can only pray...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge