Stay at Home Mom Fall Fashion 2013

Do you know why Fall is every fashion minded person's favourite season? SLEEVES!! O.K. maybe it is just me. I love Fall; the weather is awesome (less schwitzing and kvetching), beautiful colours, awesome food and fashion that flatters. Oh and of course, Halloween! I thought I would do a series for women fall fashion and to start it off, I dedicate this post to all the hardworking stay at home moms out there. Whoever says it isn't a job is smoking crack, or, has never done it (stayed at home, not smoked crack). I stayed at home for the first 11 months and it was absolutely wonderful and absolutely exhausting. I salute you stay at home moms! (and now I will get comments that working mothers work just as hard... which I agree with as well. I salute working moms too. I also salute people without kids and single ladies and single moms. I salute all the ladies.)

When you stay at home, the reasons to put on a bra are rare unless you have to go out. Even then, for me, it was a toss up. Meh, I'll just throw on a loose sweater. Since colder weather is like literally around the corner, bras are always a good idea. Here are some Fall basics that work for stay at home moms who have to go outside or are expecting humans with the right to vote, to come on over. When I had nowhere to be and the Husband wasn't home, I lived it sweats. So comfy.

So here goes.. My most favourite Fall accessory is the sweater dress. You can buy them virtually everywhere. The key is too find one that is slight shaped. Not too tight if you are worried about bulges (bulges, on my worry list, right after nuclear war). And not too loose so you look like you stole Andre the Giant's sweater. Here are a couple that I find are pretty awesome. Paired with leggings/tights (leggings and tights are not pants) and boots (any height) is a great and comfy look. You look put together. You look like you care. Those are good things.






Next is the boot. Here are some I looove. Wedges give height and are more comfortable than a high heel. Flat boots to the knee are cute and versatile. Booties, unless paired with tights of the same colour, can make your legs look stumpy. Check out Payless if you live in North America! Deichmann if you live in Europe. Both cheap options with cute options.





Don't forget a large purse. When you are a mom you carry a lot of crap around. In my Michael Kor's tote I currently have a pair of toddler pants, a Hot Wheel and half a fruit bar. I look like a mini-hoarder. Don't ask why I have the Kid's pants in my purse. Here's a cute purse.



Don't forget PASHMINAS! You can buy a ton for a cheap price (I know I know, they aren't the real ones. Lemme tell you something, I have a real pashmina and it stinks. I mean, it really smells). I love to get ones in bold colours because they spice up my life. Go on, spice up your life...


And we cannot forget jeans. Jeans are important! I like jeans with a little stretch because my weight fluctuates like a bungee jumper. Also, if you are running around after kids all day, or screaming at them (that's another method), stretchy jeans are your friends. Every time you kneel you won't be knocking the air out yourself. Now, this is very important. Buy flared jeans. They are every lady's friend. You don't have to get an extreme flare, bootcut is fine too. Skinny jeans are frenemies. They will turn their back on you. Wear skinny jeans inside knee boots, that's cool. Wear skinny jeans with pumps and a tunic top, that's cool. But for the most part, stay away from them. Here is a tip for flared jeans. Find a pair that fits and flatters. Now buy another pair. Try one on with heels and the hem should hit just above the sole. Now, take the other pair to a tailor and bring flats and have them hemmed so they do not drag. Is veddy veddy important.



The great thing about jeans is that depending on your personal style, you can pair them with a button up shirt (very Jackie O), you can pair them with a peasant blouse (very Sienna Miller), you can go topless (very 90's supermodel). I think these two looks are adorbs. And don't forget cardigans! I am a huge fan of long cardigans in jersey. They are comfy and hide my bloat. Cute cardigan below.


And lastly, every mom should own this type of dress: the little black wrap dress. You can get this type of dress everywhere. Diane Von Furstenburg is rolling in her fabulous New York loft. It is imperative to have this type of dress. Parent teacher nights? Pair with a scarf and high boots. Date night? Wear with heals and chunky jewelry. So versatile and so flattering.


And so, there you have it; for a new and fabulous Fall wardrobe, buy about 5 sweater dresses, 2-4 pairs of FLARED (or bootcut) jeans (dark wash and a slightly lighter wash) and get one of each hemmed, get a big versatile purse in a neutral colour, buy some cute boots and aim to buy about 8 different types of shirts to mix and match with your jeans as well as 2-3 cardigans. And don't forget the wrap dress!!!

You don't have to spend a lot of money on these items. If you live in North America, check out Old Navy and the Gap and even Forever 21 (I have to get the XL sizes because apparently they mainly sell to hamsters). If you live in Europe, go to H & M and even C & A.. Happy shopping and be the fabulous woman that you are!!!

Comments

  1. 👠 Maroon high heel shoes - How do you get economized😍How do you get economized in the maroon high heel shoes 👠Buy yours with a 5⃣0⃣% discount by 🆑icking here 👉 Maroon high heel shoes 👈💋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge