The Awesomeness of Makeovers

I love makeovers. I love books about makeovers. I love films about makeovers. I want to offer everyone I know a fun and free makeover (just to clarify, I think all my friends look fabulous and not in need of makeovers). There are, sadly not so many makeover films out there. OK, maybe some teenie flicks where the girl takes off her glasses and uh uh uh uh, why, she's gorgeous!!! I do love that scene in Not Another Teen Movie... Actually, I just love that whole movie. The scene is here. Satire is funny.

Another makeover film is Pretty Woman. I loved this film when I was a kid. Now, as an adult, I feel a little awkward. For God's sake, how on Earth are they going to tell their kids how they met? "Well, Jimmy. Your mom was a hooker and she threw me a freebie..And the rest, as they say, is history. And now I can't even get a freebie and Jimmy, don't get married, it will shrivel your soul." Awkward. But, perhaps, the best part of that whole film is her makeover. Suddenly lady be rocking rich clothes and it is all paid for. And here is the scene that gets my romantic blood flowing.. Love it Oh, and of course the "Big mistake! Huge!!" I think we've always wanted to do that after being shunned by a nice store. In real life though, I would just end up buying a lot of crap at said shunning store to prove that I have money. And then I would feel stupid.



I am sure I have talked about makeover films and my love for makeovers. My whole life is a makeover. And so, if you are in the Vienna area, and you have a special night coming up, drop me a line and I will do your make up and lend you accessories and clothes because nothing fulfills me more than to play Stacy from not to wear, mixed in with a little Tim Gunn and of course, my idol Rachel Zoe. And I'd do it for a cupcake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge