Obsessed with Pretty Wicked Moms

Oh this show! This show this show this show! A dear friend texted me a couple of weeks ago and told me about this new show on Lifetime; Pretty Wicked Moms. Now, this same friend is the oracle of awesome shows and she is the one who originally turned me onto Real Housewives. For a few years this franchise was my crack. It showed women in different cities living a life of luxury, rocking rock hard bodies, wearing to die for couture and every once in a while, having meltdowns and/or flipping tables and it was good... so very good. But the past few seasons (the Real Housewives of O.C., Beverly Hills and New Jersey)  have lost their appeal. Suddenly they all went to a dark place; bankruptcy, divorce, suicide, addiction and friendships and families being torn apart. No bueno. Not good. No thank you. Nein danke. See, the thing about the Real Housewives when it first came out was that it was like this portal into another world; into a world of luxury and canary diamonds. It was an escape for me and it was fun. Now in every city, it is just a bunch of women acting like harpies and being well, for lack of better term, bitches. I'm officially done. And so I burn sage within my soul and say buh bye Real Housewives. It was fun but you've changed. (I reserve the right to still watch Real Housewives of Miami off and on because Mama Elsa is awesome).

So where does that leave me now? A blog dedicated to looking like a Real Housewife? Has it lost its purpose? Oh non non, mon frere. Pretty Wicked Moms has now filled that spot and I am ecstatic. And now I have a Southern accent everytime I watch an episode. Bless my heart.

The show takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and the cast is:

The Queen Bee - Emily
The Doggy Mom - Nicole
The Southern Belle - Miranda
The Alpha Mom - Nicole B.
The Newbie - Meredith
The Divorcee - Marci



They are all moms save for Nicole the Doggy Mom and it is epic. I love this show because a) these ladies are hilarious b) I can use them as my litmus test for parenting and c) I have a total crush on the South. Also, what I like about the show is that it isn't dark. There's some cattiness off screen but for the most part, they are all pretty polite to each other and that just seems a whole lot more normal. My two faves are Nicole and Emily (the so-called villains) because they are absolutely laugh out loud funny. I'm kind of smitten, to be honest. I just hope it gets picked up for a second season! Heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge