Tuesday Morning - Dis and Dat

I'm heading back to work today. I also just got back from an aborted run. Gah! I ran yesterday early morning and now my shin splints are terrible today. The Husband was like "Maybe you aren't running properly" and I bellowed "The fact that I am running at all is a miracle!! Running properly?! Ahahahah!" I got dressed this morning, mincing my way out the door and I started to run and ouch, no. I had to stop after 30 seconds and I cried a little. I love my morning runs but my shins said no this morning. I will be spending tonight researching ways I can numb my body into submission. This sounds like some version of 50 Shades of Grey... now re-titled to 50 Shades of Hot Pink Spandex. Stay tuned.

And because it was a quiet long weekend, I just have a "dis and dat" post. Also, I'm grounded for the next week because for 2 weeks I acted like I had no obligations at home. So here we go.

Our neighbourhood - We have lived in the 4th for over just a year and it is incredible how different it is. While the 10th was great, with a kid, the 4th is a whole new ball game. Living on the park has made our weekends easier and because I feel safer running at 5:30 in the morning, I have discovered cute little streets around us. When I take my runs (when my shins aren't screaming at me), I prefer to run around the neighbourhood instead of the park because then I can window shop. My usual path is: turn left on Johann Strauss gasse, cross Wiedner Haupstrasse, run down Krongasse to Margaretenstrasse, cross that street and run down Kettenbrückengasse (which I am currently in love with), turn left on Grungasse, up to Margaretenplatz then back down Margaretenstrasse down to Schikanedergasse and then back up Margaretenstrasse and back the way I came. It is a good 30 minute run and I feel safe. I should, however, invest in a better sports bra because far too many cars slow down when I run past. Yesterday, we took a tired child for a walk along my running route. He has gotten very very good at just going with the flow and these walks are great to push him out of his comfort zone. And yesterday's walk was even awesomer because we stumbled upon a vegan ice cream store called "Veganista" that had maple pecan ice cream and I died.

Tick - You know what isn't awesome? When you take a shower and you look down at your leg and you are convinced a tick has latched on and you have visions of Yolanda Foster lyme-battling pictures and realize that you will never look as good as a 50 year old Dutch former super model getting treatment in China and that you will probably have to find another way to bring awareness. And while you stare at the tick, wondering where you last put your tweezers, you notice that this tick seems to have wings and that is weird. And you go in for a closer look, while admiring your fake tan, and then you touch the tick and that's weird, it seems to be a hairy tick... and oh wait, nope, false alarm, it's just an errant clump of false eyelashes you missed when you washed your face the night before. Awesome.

Vegan burgers - I'm back on the vegan trail for a little while longer. Last night I went to Flying Burger down on Margaretenstrasse and picked up a cheeseburger for the Husband and a Hot Vegan burger for me. It was amazing! And their home fries were to die for. I'm glad that I just had one day of swimming in a sea of cheese and meat because I am still digesting said cheese and meat. Could it be that a vegan lifestyle is the lifestyle for me? Ahahaha. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to try and stick to being dairy and meat free for a little while longer. Not forever though, because mama didn't raise no damn hippie.

I better start on my make up and get my crap together for work. I can't believe the time passed so quickly but at least summer is around the corner and I also have the Frauenlauf to look forward to - I just hope I can cure these shin splints asap or there will be a lot of crying on Sunday. Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge