Hello Friday

First week back at work since Eurovision. I have had ups and downs, peaks and valleys, a lot of wine and not too much wine: because I am nothing, if not dramatic. I took the Kid to therapy today and he was a bit zombie-like so we didn't get far but that is ok. I will just add it to his bill for when he becomes rich for inventing a machine that takes my nagging voice and turns it into a piece from Chopin. Could happen. I think the Husband would invest in that. Heh. Actually, in the Husband's case, he would have my voice changed to that French woman's voice in that film The Beach.

This Sunday is the big Frauenlauf. I am nervous especially since I couldn't get the kerblasted running app to work so while I can run 30 minutes, I really don't know if I can run 5 k in 30 minutes. My Fitbit seemed to believe in me but he just died so I am at a loss. I miss you Fitbit! I am picking up my t-shirt with a friend tomorrow. I hear that there is SWAG and this Jew loves free stuff so it will be a happy morning. I will also meet another friend to check out a venue. She made another suggestion for a venue today so I am waiting to hear back from them. I will also mention I still have not heard back from 2 different places. I don't want to talk about it or my head will explode.

More amazing prizes have been pledged: a signed copy of author Johnny Morgan's book (thank you Sarah and Johnny!!) and 2 tickets to the Wiener Ball der Wissenschaften in January (thank you Oliver!!). I definitely plan to attend that ball next year. And speaking of balls, I ordered a ball dress two days ago and I am nervously awaiting its arrival. This is the first ball dress I have bought in years because I usually decide to go all Project Runway and make my own dress.

On June 19th I will be going to the Concordia ball at the Rathaus. The only balls I have attended have been at the Hofburg for the IAEA (poor 1st world problems right there, my friends) so I am really excited to see a different location. I am going dateless so I will be watching the waltzing from the sidelines. I write that like I even know how to waltz. I don't. But I appreciate the song. A total of 15 years living in Vienna and I cannot waltz?!? Was fuer eine Schande! The shame.

Tonight I am having a friend and her baby son over for fajitas and wine. I would like to say vegan fajitas but that is a lie. I still plan to be mostly vegan but right now I am a little upset at one brand of vegan cookies. You see, there are these awesome vegan cookies that I am absolutely obsessed with. They are huge and the calorie count seemed too good to be true (this should have been a clue). I would eat at least 1 or 2 a day thinking that each cookie (the size of my face) came out to 190 calories. I'm an idiot but I also feel a little tricked because each cookie is considered 2 servings!! Not in my books, cookie company. So in fact, I have been consuming close to 800 calories of cookie every couple of days. Well isn't that awesome. And this is why I am fat. Gah! Bad cookies! I am now making office twin eat half of my cookies. He is calling me a feeder. Heh.

So I wish you all a fantabulous weekend! On Sunday night I will no doubt be covered in Bengay and crying. I hope to have a post about the race as well as a May wrap up because this May has been the craziest month of my life! I am overwhelmed by so much support and I could not feel more blessed! Thank you! Happy Friday!!


Comments

  1. YoBit lets you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you need from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

    You can press CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge