Keyword Post

Well, happy Saturday! I can't believe a week has already passed since I first picked up my pass. The energy and excitement is building and it is pretty palpable in the press area. And suddenly there are so many more people. I am so glad I went to that event on Thursday. I met lovely people and now I have people to discuss dresses and songs with. Thank you universe. I asked and you gave. So now I bring you a keyword post because there are just a couple of little things to mention.

Spray tan: I went yesterday to the lovely Magdalena for my spray tan. I was in desperate need of some colour. I showed up at one, put on my shorts and tubetop: the boobies don't need a tan. They have never seen the sun. They are the Flowers in the Attic of boobs. She started the sprayer and noted that I was sweating. I told her it was just the alcohol escaping for fresh air. I felt rough. After the tan, I headed home with the full intention of heading to the Stadthalle but the Kid and the Husband were out and the sofa softly called my name and I took a nap. A REAL NAP! It was amazing. Today I am looking tan and rested and that makes me happy.

The Kid: I can't stop raving about him right now. He is so easy going and we are kind of maybe considering going on holiday with him this summer; on a real plane, going to a holiday destination. Even a month ago I would have said "Oh ha ha. No." But he is making such strides that this just might be possible. Last time we flew with him (2 years ago) we were almost put on the No Fly List. We will see. This morning I took him around for a couple of hours. I have been so busy that I haven't had a lot of quality time with him this past week so I decided to have a Mommy and Kid morning and it was amazing. We walked down to Margareten (he in his stroller) and then visited a playground. Then we headed to Karlsplatz to another playground and then back to our park to visit a third playground. It was the big tour this morning and he was so happy and so easy and I just keep tearing up thinking about how far we have come. A year ago, my heart would have been in my throat, trying to get him to change routes and try different places, waiting for him to kick and scream and throw things... Not anymore, my friends. If he could speak, he would be just your average curious and loving little 4 year old boy and that gives me such hope for the future. We will get there. I don't care how much we spend; money and time, we will get there.

Eurovision: Yay! I found my fabulous Spanish/Portuguese friends that I met on Thursday night. I walked into the press hall, worried I wouldn't recognize them or they would pretend to not know me but no worries there. It was a great reunion and they wondered where I had been the day before. It makes such a difference to have people to talk to and they are veterans of the Eurovision Song Contest. I will be seeing them tomorrow at the opening ceremony and at the after party because FABULOUS! The biggest highlight today was finally getting access to the arena. My Portuguese friend brought me there and as we walked in, the stage lights lit up and a song started and he opened his arms and said "Welcome to Stadthalle!" and I would be lying if I did not say that I totally started to cry. Listen, it is Eurovision and for a lot of people, it's a camp, fun thing, and for me too, but being here and watching these performers sing their hearts out changes the game. I feel honoured to be part of something so big, so inclusive and so fun and I am grateful that now I have some fabulous friends in the press center to share it with. My word, I'm not even hormonal. Welcome to the big leagues, Tova. Try not to screw it up.

That's it for now. I am a little overwhelmed but running on adrenaline. I want to enjoy every moment of this next week because I don't think I will have a chance to do this again. I am working Monday and Tuesday half days and after that, it is all (jazz) hands on deck. Tuesday and Thursday are the televised semi-finals and I will be spending at least 12 hours at the Stadthalle those days with a break for dinner and then Saturday is the big show! I have a lot of writing to finish and a lot of prep work to do. Let's do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge