An Early Thank You

I am currently in the press hall. Just a few more hours to go and then my time here will be over. Jeebus, way to be dramatic, Tova. This has truly been a dream come true. I have learned a lot about covering an event (don't be shy and don't be afraid to ask questions) and I have learned a lot about me. I have discovered that if you do what you love you don't feel like you are working. It's been a whirlwind and I think tomorrow will be spent on the couch feeling sorry for myself and telling the Husband and the Kid about "That time I was an important journalist". And the Kid will respond with "Bing! Bing! Mommy!". Sidenote: I showed him my press pass this morning and asked "Who's that?!" and he responded with "MOMMY!" Makes me cheer every time.

I am proud of my adoptive country Austria. You truly showed the world that you are trying to be tolerant and you put on a great show. The coordination of the event, the volunteers, the free coffee, everything was flawless. After tonight, go get some well deserved sleep.

I also want to thank everybody for reading my blog and Tweets and for the amazing messages of support. I am blessed to have so many wonderful real and virtual friends and I am sorry if I have not responded to everybody... I AM IMPORTANT JOURNALIST... heh...for another 10 hours. If I owe you a message or an e-mail, remind me because my mind has turned to mush from all the emoting, glitter, capes and special effects.

In a couple of hours I am heading out to get my make up done. I asked the make up artist for the "Conchita" without the beard. I will most likely look like a drag queen so I might have to tone it down with the accessories. After my make up, around 6, I will head to Der Fuchs und Die Trauben for a couple of glasses of wine and some food and then I will be back at the Stadthalle for the final by 8. You can follow my Tweets on Twitter under @VWurstelstand using hashtag #ESCbitch. I won't be posting the Tweets to my page Operation Tubetop tonight because I think that is overkill and I probably won't have time in between all the feels and quiet sobbing.

My absolute highlights of these two weeks are as follows: Meeting and covering the Finnish band. Getting the Conchita Wurst money shot. Sitting hours and hours in the press hall surrounded by incredible energy. Watching the rehearsals live. Meeting Bojana. Party at the lower Belvedere. Meeting amazing people. Being called twenty-five (I'm shallow) and seeing how live TV works. Getting winked at by the Swedish guy and Norwegian guy (or maybe they had something in their eyes). Being able to do something I absolutely adore - writing with humour. Flashing my press badge (again, so shallow). Getting encouraging messages from friends near and far (I am blessed to have such lovely people in my life and this makes me so incredibly happy to have people who want the best for me because I truly want the best for them, too). And most importantly, discovering what I want to do even if it might just be a pipe dream.    

I know I will walk away from this with incredible memories and experience working under pressure. Thank you for joining me for the ride! And catch you on the flip side... most likely when I am sitting on my sofa in yoga pants, drinking wine and talking about "those days". Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge