So this Meet and Greet Thing

Gah! So much to do and it is so exciting. The Meet and Greet took a bit of a backseat while I worked on Eurovision (God, I miss you so much. Please come back. We didn't even say good bye properly). The last few days I have been working out some details and I am getting there. I am still waiting on an answer from a location. CHECK YOUR EMAILS PEOPLE, I NEED TO GET THIS DONE! And once that is set up, I will feel a lot more relaxed.

I expanded the guest list (invited the men) because I expanded my budget. How often will I get to have an event like this, so as I wrote on the invite, GO BIG OR GO HOME! I hope as many of you can make it. This is about raising money for the Autistenhilfe Dachverband which is based in Vienna. It is a not-for-profit organization that helps families dealing with autism. I feel incredibly blessed that we have been lucky enough to find a great therapist and a great kindergarten but it did take a while (please refer to rebirthing and being kicked out of a kindergarten in earlier posts). I would love nothing more than to create a source of information for parents because having a special needs kid is difficult. It is overwhelming and I find that autism is not really covered here in Austria. In fact, insurance will not even cover autism therapy which is, in my opinion, criminal. If there is one thing I would like to do with my life, it would be to make autism help available to everybody. I feel lucky to have such a wonderful child and he is the light of my life, but it has been hard. It has taken a toll on me mentally and physically and I do my best to try and stay positive and try to keep busy and catch up with friends but sometimes I drop the ball. I am especially appreciative to my friends and family and parents who have followed up with me (near and far), cheered me on and have given me a break if I have acted selfishly or scatter brained. But I know that not everybody understands what I have been through and that is ok. Nobody truly knows what it is like in another person's shoes.And as I enter a different phase of my life, I learn more about myself and about other people. Constant learning experience.

With the seizure back in February and then the follow-up hospital stay, I was mentally exhausted and felt like screaming but I sucked it up and continued on because I'm not a quitter. I don't give up easily and I'm glad I didn't. And so this event is a celebration of so many things. It is a chance to get together, drink and maybe win some awesome prizes. And all the proceeds go to a good cause. Alcohol and doing good things? YES! THE BEST! So I thought that tonight I would list the raffle prizes so far so that you all have an idea of what you can win. I am also open to more prizes; i.e. dinner with Clooney at his Italian villa but I might just have to keep that one for myself. I want to thank my friends for their awesome contributions so far and I will be adding more details when we get closer to the 21st of June.

Raffle prizes:

Bliss by Iman bracelets (I love their stuff so very very much!!!)
Hair care products from Nude Salon (I will post a link to their awesome products asap! Retail value of 60 euros (thank you Thomas and Lucy))
Basket of fun (awesome handmade soaps (thank you Debra), a bottle of Veuve Clicquot (my fave) and fun beauty products! Retail value of 100 euros)
Two opera tickets to The Tempest on June 27th  (Thank you David and Katie)(Amazing seats at the Staatsoper with a retail value of over 300 euros (and I am low balling here))

I am so grateful for the donations and I am so grateful the Husband hasn't checked our bank statement yet. Another friend is donating edible flowers for the welcome drink as well (thank you Anoek). I feel incredibly lucky to know so many awesome people! Thank you again! Stay tuned for more details about the location and about me having a nervous breakdown when I can't find the perfect pink roses. If you would like to join, the link can be found here Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge