Winter Coats - a Shopping Orgy

I told the Husband that I was in need of a new winter coat. I haven't actually worn a winter coat in a couple of years and I felt the time was right for one this winter. 2 years ago I was knocked up and couldn't justify buying a maternity coat so I lived in layers and a cape: the look was a mix of European chic and Kathy Bates in Misery... more Kathy Bates, though.

I was aiming to spend around 180 Euros on a new coat and set out yesterday morning in search of one. I stopped in at Mango and found not one, but two COATS that I FELL IN LOVE WITH AND I NEEDED TO TAKE THEM HOME WITH ME SO I COULD LOVE THEM AND BRUSH THEM FOREVER AND EVER.

The best part of this story is that one coat had been reduced from 99 Euros to 79 Euros and the other coat was a laughable 39 Euros! And so I bought both and explained to the husband Tovanomics:

Tova has 180 Euros to spend on one coat. She buys two coats which comes out to 120 Euros. Ergo she made a profit of 60 Euros.

Tovanomics. Whenever I bring up Tovanomics to the Husband and I feel that he isn't understanding the complex mathmatical logic I will most likely take off my top. Works like a charm.

Anyway, here are the coats I bought. I love you two... Mommy has no favourites.... yet.

This one right here is military style and I love it. I feel all Anna Kareninaishish in it. Heart.



And this one right here is quite an impractical purchase. I wore it today and kept a wide berth from everybody. The Kid is going to have to go without hugs and physical touch whenever I wear this baby... He'll understand when he's older.


And those were my purchases! Score!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge