Easy Delicious Crockpot Moroccan Chicken

We had guests over today (an old colleague who I became friends with pretty much immediately and her boyfriend). They are Italian and crack me up to no end and the 4 of us always have a great time. Hosting has become more challenging now that we have the Kid but I was happy to see that we are able to have people over between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30 without any meltdowns (this includes me). The reason I mentioned that our guests were Italian is that I always have to avoid making "Italian" food when they come over. I can cook Italian but I can't cook chest-beating, Armani wearing, Sophia Loren in a tight dress Italian, so I always have to find alternatives to my lasagne, pizza, pasta, caprese salad specialities that I oh so love to make.

This time I decided to make Moroccan chicken, saffron cous cous, tandoori potatoes, falafel, pitas and hummous. It was a mixture of several cultures and hot damn, Moroccan chicken in the crockpot is just amaaaazing.

Here is the healthy and easy recipe

Crockpot Moroccan Chicken (serves 4)

4 chicken breasts (cubed)
A can of chickpeas
1 onion
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup pureed tomatoes
1 heaping tsp saffron
1 heaping tsp cumin
1 tbsp (or to taste) cinnaminonnon
Salt and Peppa
Handful of chopped parsley
Handful of chopped coriander
3 tsp of grated ginger

Cook on low for 8-10 hours and serve over cous cous. Amaaaaazing.

And you can't serve Moroccan chicken without a pretty tajine (the green thing on the right). Isn't it purty? Got it as a gift from my mom a couple of months ago... I love it (don't tell the crock pot or the clay pot right behind it)!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge