A modern day vintage icon

I love Mad Men and it will always remind me of my son as a baby. The night before my C-section, I was checked into the hospital and had my mini-DVD player. I watched the first season late into the night, nervous as hell but anxious to meet the little man in mah belly. I also had a Mad Men themed baby shower. When my son was about 4 months old, the show was finally shown on this side of the pond, and on Monday nights the Husband and I would watch two episodes in a row and we were hooked for months. But I digress, because today I want to talk about Joan. Joan Holloway, aka sex on a stick. Men want to be with her. Women want to be with her. Her figure is outrageous. Her clothes are to die for. And now I want to be a redhead... again... for like the 10th time.

So here are some pics of my absolutely favourite looks that Joan has worn on the show. Gawd I was born in the wrong decade (kind of). I am very grateful for moderner medicine and somewhat equal rights. Vive the 21st Century!

Dress 1




She looks amazing and I love love love this dress. It fits her in all the right places and the colour is amazing!!

Dress 2



I love her accessories, the pin is so awesome!And well, once again her curves make me crazy and I be straight.

Dress 3


This is one of my favourite colours. In fact, today I am wearing a blue dress. I, however, do not look like Joan.


Dress 4


This dress is iconic. That's all I have to say. The print is incredible. I said more. One more thing, I need this dress.

Dress 5



There goes Joan, proving people wrong. Redheads can wear pink. Love love love.
There are many more looks that she wore throughout the show but Google images are not cooperating. I couldn't find a great pic of a green dress she wore. But let me just say, sex on a stick my friends, sex on a stick.

And well, you can't mention Mad Men without a little Don Draper... I love you Don. I truly really do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge