For the Children: Vicks Humidifier

The Kid has had a cough the last couple of days. And for the past couple of months he will wake up at 2 in the morning desperately searching for his bottle of water. You would think that he would calmly do a search on his own instead of wailing at the top of his lungs which wakes me up from a deep sleep to only find that my heart has leapt out of my chest and onto the floor. I get it, our place is dry and the kid needs liquid.

Sunday night he kept us up all night with his hacking. At one point I carried him onto the balcony to clear up his congestion and when he saw the street lamps he yelled "LIIIIIEEEESSS!!!" which sounds like "lies" but in fact means "lights" which in the end is pretty hilarious at 2 in the morning.

But I digress. I decided that I couldn't go another sleepless night and decided to buy a humidifier. Who knew there were so many different types? I did what any good mother would do and bought the cheapest one. It is the Vicks humidifier and it was an affordable 49 Euros.



I brought it home, skimmed over the instructions, and plugged that baby in once the Kid fell asleep. Within 30 minutes his room turned into a tropical country. I felt like I was in a scene from motherloving Jurassic Park and then wanted Jello and to hold it with a spoon and make the Husband walk behind a screen snorting into the air and I would shake. Oh how I would shake. You know what I'm talking about.



But the point of this whole non-sensical article is that this humidifier is AMAZING!!! For the first time in months he slept straight through until 5 a.m. without waking up once or even coughing. Of course I woke up at 2 in a cold sweat to poke him with a stick to make sure he was a-ok but hot diggity damn! It is a miracle worker! So if you have a dry apartment or a kid with a cough, pick this thing up asap! Life changing. Should probably check if he has trench foot, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge