Dressing for your Body Shape - The Series

Since my fashion course was postponed I have decided to do a little practice run with one part of the course on this blog. I figure I would highlight the 4 body types over the next week and I hope y'all find it helpful. One of my fantasy dream jobs would be to be a personal stylist. Rachel Zoe is one of my idols. Shut it. She's awesome and knows her stuff. I may not be a professional stylist but I know my fashion. I'm not being vain. Well, maybe I am. I learned a lot from my mother and over the years have had the time to study and learn about clothes (on my own time) and I feel confident that I can make any woman look incredible. Am I being vain? Yes. But I am confident in my abilities and if that's vanity, so be it. Wow, that came out snarky. Must be the bagel chip post-high I'm on. Sorry. Anyway...


Nowadays there is a plethora of information out there regarding body shapes and unfortunately, it has gotten even more confusing. It shouldn't be. This should be straight forward. What used to be the 4 standard shapes now have mutated into even more, like, the banana shape. Da hell? If I saw someone with a banana shape, I'd be a little concerned about their posture and poor life choices. Forget the banana shape. Here are the 4 shapes that I use as a guideline when helping dress someone (friends and sometimes strangers in the street (mentally)):

Hourglass
Rectangle
Apple 
Pear

Now, there are definitely variations to the 4 types but I find these to be the most all-encompassing and they serve their purpose well. Now, body shape has nothing to do with weight for the most part. Just because I carry a little (a lot) more weight in my midsection currently (DAMN YOU BAGEL CHIPS AND YOUR INTOXICATING CRUNCH!), does not mean I am apple shaped. I am actually a rectangle. What does this all mean? Stay tuned! Class dismissed... for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dressing your Pear Shaped Figure

The Kid's Birthday Party and Holding it Together the Best I Can

How to Dress Rich - Old Money