Zumba Wii Review

So, as I mentioned yesterday, my sister is all into Zumba now and in the past, a few friends have done classes. I have always wanted to try it out but my time is limited for now. And well, I have now discovered another reason why I have postponed attending a class - apparently I have the moves of an overweight howler monkey on crack. I am so glad I was able to give it a whirl at home, alone, with the curtains drawn.


I picked up the Wii Zumba 2 yesterday and got the one that comes with the belt. Anything that comes with an accessory is a-ok with me. What I didn't know is that you actually do need the neon World Wrestling Champion of the World belt to hold the remote thingy motion detector. I started off with the short class. They have a couple of different animated instructors. One looks like a soulless Olivia from Jerseylicious and the other one looks like Jlo circa late 90's. Also soulless and with a tramp stamp to boot. The background is eerily similar to those random South American compounds that the A-Team always seemed to blow up.

Just a couple of minutes in, I realised that this will take some work to conquer the moves. Just a couple of minutes in and I was sweating like a coke zero fiend looking for her next fix. This ain't easy and well, it was demoralizing to find out that whatever rythym I thought I had was all down to alcohol. I had the dance moves of Uncle Morty breaking down at a wedding. Blergh. Let's just rename my interpretation of Zumba dance moves to Jewmba.

But, you know what? It was fun and I will definitely do it again! The short session is about 24 minutes and Wii told me I had burned about 200 calories. Hey, I'll take it. Hopefully in a few weeks I will get up to a full length class and the soulless animated will give me props. And maybe in a few months, I will actually go to a real class and sweat on other people and not just my rug...

P.S. Hats off to you dedicated Zumba peeps! This is not a Richard Simmons workout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge