May Day and Healthy Tortilla Chips

Happy May Day! Wow, April was a long month... and not in a bad way but it felt like it went on forever. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the first week was like 0 degrees and at the end we got up to 27 degrees. Body seasonal clock is mucho confused. Even though today is a holiday, I hit the gym and did 45 minutes on the crosstrainer. I think I was motivated because I am re-reading an awesome book on my Kindle. Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. In general I really really really like her books. She's funny, and even though we are not on the same page politically, I enjoy her writing. This book is about her trying to lose the weight. It is fun and actually kind of motivating.

Anyway, I wanted to post my recipe for tortilla chips that I made the other week. Here in Austria, the chip selection isn't as varied as in Canada and the Great U.S. of A. I have to admit though, it has improved dramatically. When I lived here back in the 90's, they had like only two flavours; plain and paprika. Stab me with a fork. Oh, and peach iced tea. Blech. When I moved back to Canada for University I practically bounced down the convenient store chip aisle like Dick Van Dyke. And the vending machines, oh the vending machines. I became hooked on Sun Chips and Smart food white cheddar popcorn. White cheddar popcorn was consumed by the pound on our Vegas trip three years ago. I'm still finding the fine white dust in the lining of bikinis (that I will wear again this summer as God is my witness). When I lived in Toronto with the Husband we would occasionally catch a film and I would purchase a large popcorn and dump about a cup of the white cheddar seasoning on top. And then at the end of the film I would look like I had been dusted for prints and smelling of feet. Oh memories. But I am getting way off topic so here is my healthy tortilla chips easy peasy recipe:

Take 2-3 whole wheat tortillas (available at grocery stores here in Vienna)
A couple of tbsps of ground cilantro
Some salt
Cooking spray (optional)

Slice the tortillas in triangles. Pre-heat over to about 200. Cover trianlges with cooking spray, ground cilantro and salt. Bake until slightly brown. I think it took about 15 minutes but I'm not sure because I was enjoying a Corona. Just check that they are hard but not burnt. I trust your judgement! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge