Awesome Saturday!

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! I got to meet Margaret Cho on Saturday. My friend got tickets a couple of months ago and I was like, "yeah, I'd like to go." I've seen Margaret Cho in clips and on shows and I think she is pretty funny but omg, I did not realise how incredibly funny she is. She did her show for over an hour and a) she's itty bitty skinny and adorable and b) omg, so funny. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and my ribs are still hurting. Workout. After the show, thanks to a friend, we got to go backstage and meet her and she is so incredibly gracious and nice (to be honest, I always imagined her to be a little intimidating) and she took the time to take pictures with us and she even complimented my necklace. I believe she has the same one but to tell you the truth, it was a big fabulous blur. Margaret Cho, you've got a fan for life. Thank you for being truly awesome!


The rest of the weekend was normal and not star studded. This morning I was determined to hit the gym but unfortunately the Kid had a bad cough and kept waking up every hour on the hour, so the thought of getting out of bed at 5:30 was a pipe dream. He woke up with a smile and was perfectly healthy and fine while I had to down 3 cups of coffee to get him dressed.

After dropping him off at daycare, I decided to get started on the balcony. Every year I do this and every year I wait and wait and wait for something to grow and like every year, the plants tell me to go fuck off. This year will be different. There is a ladybug hanging out on our balcony. That be a sign. I ended up buying already grown lavender, basil and mint. Also a little tomato plant and strawberry plant. I also bought flower seeds, sweet corn seeds (which are kernels! Did you know that? You probably did. I know nothing about plants) and hot chilis. I am so excited.

I went to the supermarket and they only had a 30 liter bag of soil. Did you know that 30 liters weighs like a lot? I almost died walking back home. I had it over my shoulder, then on my hip, then I stopped for a minute and texted the husband.

Me: I am carrying a 30 liter bag of soil. I am going to die. I want to be buried with my shoes.
Him: I was thinking cremation was cheaper.
Him: Dear?! Dear!! It was joke! I love you. I love you so much! Be careful.

But I made it and I think I am shorter. Everything is planted, the electric bbq is all ready to go and I am pumped to now have an extra "room". Yay! Spring!

This week will be pretty busy. I'll have to hit the gym every morning because I missed today, and I will have to also fit Zumba in at least 3 times. This afternoon I will be taking a walk into the center to start to prepare for the Vienna charity scavenger hunt that I'm organising. Wednesday I am doing a museum tour and then a walk with a friend. And on Thursday I will be meeting with the therapist. Fun fun.

I just had kappa maki for lunch and for dinner I am making hamburgers. Woot woot! Spring is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge