Visiting a spa in Hungary

On Tuesday, a friend and I set out to another country to get a little boday maintenance done. We visited a place named Wabi, just a few minutes from the border. I had looked at the website before and was amahzed at the prices. At one point I even considered a nose job but we didn't have that much time. We pulled up to a large building just off the main road and noticed that there be only Austrian cars in the parking lot. Guess that's their target group.

We didn't have appointments so we walked up to the reception and "ordered" a mani, a pedi and microdermabrasion. After a quick coffee we were called in for our pedis and the ladies got to work on my terrible gnarled feet. I always feel a little guilty when I get a pedicure. A little like "bow down to your queen and take that dead skin off!" and I try to smile and make eye contact and convey "I'm very very sorry.". Manicures are different, I can totally pretend the woman across from me is a buddy. I got a regular pedicure with  pretty pink polish. I was informed that microdermabrasion was not availabe in the spring and summer months so my friend and I decided on a basic facial (more about that later).

After the pedicure I was brought down to the manicure hall to get my nails did. I chose to try out shellac for the first time. The process is pretty much the same as getting a normal manicure but they use this NASA developed polish that hardens in UV light and lasts for about 3 weeks before chipping. Usually my polish chips the minute I leave the salon but now on day 4, my nails still look awesome.

After the pedis and the manis we had a quick lunch and then booked facials. These were called Anaconda something or other and I wondered if they used some snake placenta or reptile skin but I didn't want to ask. We were sent to seperate rooms. The woman doing my facial looked about 12 but maybe I just look rugged and everybody in their 20's now looks like a Bratz doll. She asked if I wanted my eyebrows dyed.

Me: Ok
Her: And wax the eyebrows?
Me: No thanks (don't try to extort me, please)
Her: The dye no work if you don't wax.
Me: Ok

Gawd, I fold and I fold fast. She slapped on some hot wax and got to work to make my eyebrows 90's thinrrific. Then she started the facial. It went like this:

Cream
Scrub
Cream (massaging my face for at least ten minutes and that was awkward cause some cream got up my nose and I had to breathe through my mouth and I was worried she'd think I was some kind of perv)
Clean
Zit popping time (they take a kleenex and squeeze imaginary pimples and it hurts)
Thought zit popping time had ended but oh no, bitch used a needle to get the hard to pop ones (I thought she had thrown in some Botox for a second, and then I was disappointed)
Cream
Then steam (they steam the life out of your face and you kind of wonder if you are going to stop being able to breathe)
Cream (waited for what seemed like forever and I kind of shifted to make sure she remembered I was there)
Dye eyebrows
Clean face
Done

The whole process took about an hour and my skin is, well, clean. At one point she exited the room and I had visions of a Bond film where the assassin comes back instead and steams me to death... "No Tova, I expect you to die. Muahahahahaha". I have an active imagination when I have to lie on my back and do nothing for an hour. Insert conceiving our son joke here.

It was a great day and the total cost was about 70 Euros. If the Husband asks, it cost about 30. Thanks. So yes, I totally suggest y'all check out Wabi! Awesome, clean, nice and cheap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge