Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta

Yesterday, since I didn't hit the gym, I decided to do a mid length Zumba session on the Wii. I chose the Miami location. We were on a boat, strangely enough not docked. Something illegal is going on. It was a good workout and I definitely broke out in a sweat.

In the morning, yesterday, after I dropped the kid off at daycare - and by the way, a backing up huge truck means you must stop with your boy toddler and watch. And then, when a garbage truck came around the corner, he just lost his shit. I don't get the appeal but his enthusiasm was awesome - I headed to the awesome outdoor market nearby. I was jonesing for artichokes but go figure, they aren't in season. Blergh. So instead I bought some red pepper and bärlauch (a herb-leaf thing that is kind of garlicky). I picked up some ciabatta and low fat mozz at the supermarket as well. And for dinner, I made this:

Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta

Slice a red pepper and a couple of onions. Put them on a cookie sheet and bake until they are soft. Mix them  with a little bit of olive oil, salt and crushed garlic. Slice some ciabatta, toast the pieces, top them with low fat mozz and some torn up bärlauch and then top with the roasted peppers and onions. Delicious and healthy!

On Friday I will probably make some pasta with the bärlauch because I kind of bought a lot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge