It's My Birthday... Tomorrow.

Hello Friday! Hello day 13 of no alcohol! Hello end of two nutso weeks of work! I would like to say that I am having a quiet night in tonight but I am not. I am going out for dinner with two lovely friends but it isn't going to be a crazy late night. Which is good... because tomorrow is my birthday! This year I kind of feel like it sneaked up on me. When I made my pledge of 30 days of no boozing.. I didn't even take into account that my birthday would fall into these 30 days. Gah! But I am nothing if not a masochist so I will be fine. FINE! I am turning 36 and I am o.k. with that. Last year, Office Twin and I hosted a big party. The theme was: Republic of Kovastan. It was an absolute blast that lasted until 3 in the morning. This year... I am taking a walk. And that is o.k.

I actually didn't plan anything this year because a) I am tired and b) I feel like my friends were so incredibly generous at the fundraiser that I didn't feel like extorting them further. Don't worry, the Husband isn't off the hook. Last week, as I headed to work at the crack of dawn, I passed a second-hand shop on Favoriten and spied a second-hand Chanel purse. I fogged up the window for half a second and then texted the Husband. "Just so you know, there is a Chanel purse in the second-hand store on Favoriten just past the closed-down Mexican restaurant across from the Theresianium near the Taubstummengasse Ubahn. Left hand side. Just putting it out there." And when I walked by the store a couple of days later, the purse was gone. Fingers crossed! Stay tuned for Instagram posts of excitement. Or not.

And, if you are still looking for a gift for me, this morning I spied a Fendi baguette purse in the window so feel free to pick that up for me. Heh. This morning I received a Whatsapp message from a friend that read "Have you bought a gift for Tova and Office Twin yet?" I laughed and I laughed and she was mortified that she had sent it to the wrong person. I think I will e-mail her this blog post shortly, with directions to the shop. I didn't make any plans for tomorrow but the Husband asked the Nanny to come by at midday so that he and I can take a walk. It's random, but I am really kind of excited about it. Unless he decides to leave me in the woods. Good thing my phone has GPS. Sucker. Otherwise it will be a mostly relaxing day and it will be nice to not make a big deal out of the day. Hahahaha. Of course I will make a big deal out of the day. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I haven't changed!

I imagine the Kid will of course not care that it is my birthday but the great news is that his cough is mostly gone and he has been sleeping pretty well. Last night, about 20 minutes after putting him to bed, I heard him crying. He doesn't cry much but when I walked into his room, tears were running down his face and my heart broke. I asked him if he wanted to come to the living room with me and he clapped his hands, pulled his blanket around his shoulders and walked out of the room. He curled up between the Husband and me and laid his head against my stomach and we all watched Columbo. He was out cold within 5 minutes and it was one of the nicest moments of this week. And then I had ice cream which was another special moment. The Kid has been a real joy the past few weeks. I think therapy is going really really well and there haven't been any issues at kindergarten. Of course I did not just write the last sentence because that would be jinxing this long and awesome streak of kid awesomeness. So just ignore what I wrote. You saw nothing. In other news, I am still doing yoga daily. Even if some of the sessions are only 10 minutes, I am still doing yoga daily. Last night I decided to pair a yoga session with some Mozart. It made me feel very smug. And I totally making this a thing. Classical music yoga: yoga for the snob in you. I am then going to branch out into upscale yoga wear like: stretchy button-up white shirts and yoga jodphurs. I am going to be so rich.

And the last little story before my lunch break ends (I sometimes have to write throughout the day whenever I get a free minute if I am too tired to finish the post in the morning. This explains all the randomness.), I am now hunting for a literary agent. I wrote the other week that I am back to writing my book I started over a year ago. The story has changed and I think it would make a decent book because it is about me. Heh. I wrote a friend who is very knowledgeable about the book world and she gave me some great tips. One sex tape coming right up. I jest. That wouldn't sell. I sent my first "query" on Wednesday and now I check my inbox a bazillion times a day. I know, I know, this is a shot in the dark but why not? Life's too short not to go for what you want and maybe as I am about to turn 36 tomorrow, maybe I should start to "carpe the diem" out of life more. So the first big step? Changing up my eye make up look. I think I have been Google imaging too many pictures of Cat Marnell and now I am tempted to do a smoky eye. Dream big, Tova. Seize that day. Live, Laugh, Lol. I wish you all a fantastic Friday and stay tuned for a post about whether or not my birthday lived up to my expectations. And maybe light a candle for the Husband, just in case. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge