A Better Plan and Adventures in Hair

Good morning everybody! I am going through another round of insomnia... I am not sure why because I have been avoiding cheese. It is early Wednesday morning and I have been kicked out of my bed by the Kid. Not sure when totalitarian rule took over but apparently a 3.5 foot child owns me. That's alright, this gives me time to write. As I just wrote, I am unable to sleep and I think some of it has to do with the fact that I have a ton of things to do for the center. While I always have a ton of things to do for the center, I now have a much clearer plan thanks to some expert advice I received yesterday. A few weeks ago I attended the fundraiser gala at the Intercontinental with some friends. We of course had the coolest table because all of us are pretty fabulous and of course "trouble". A friend had brought one of her oldest friends and while we didn't chat much, he made a great impression on us at the table. Turns out he has been involved in opening a few businesses in Vienna and this was just who I needed to talk to.

I sent him a friend request and I asked if he would be willing to meet up so that I could "pick his business brain". Being an awesome guy, he said "of course" so yesterday we met at Cafe Sperl. I have walked by Cafe Sperl many times and I was actually pretty excited to finally check out this famous cafe known for its surly waiters and old world charm... which actually describes the majority of cafes in Vienna. I showed up early, of course, and ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc. I am usually a red wine girl but I figured a white wine would convey "serious business woman" or "lady who lunches". Either or. The expert showed up soon after and immediately we got into the nitty gritty. I told him what I am trying to do and it soon became clear to him that I was taking on too much all at once. I tried to convince him that I don't need sleep but he still said "Start small". He laid out a plan for me with great suggestions and I tried not to twitch at the slower timeline. You might find this surprising but I am actually incredibly impatient. So surprising!

But after an hour and a half of business talk, I actually felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I can still open a center and I can still provide the support that I need to, but it will not have to be HUGE at the start. I said to him a few times through out "You have made this all so much clearer! I knew I had to think smaller but I didn't know how. THANK YOU!" He pointed out that it is better to start small and be a success rather than be big and fail and he is right. And that's what she said. I am sorry, I couldn't resist... Cough. Anyway, I didn't know how to envision the next steps and now I do and I am really excited. It's still going to be awesome and I still need to raise a lot of money, but the journey is less Alive and more Stand By Me. Yes. Good metaphor, Tova. After getting the business part out of the way, we chatted about Vienna and people that we both knew. I say this at least once a week, Vienna is a village and everybody somehow knows somebody and stories and rumours will go around. Let that be a warning. Dun dun duuuun. Good thing I am irreverent or this would drive me nuts. I am also pretty lucky that I know so many great people. I have lived here for a very long time and I am always learning something new... but what I always have to remind myself, there are always 6 degrees of separation from David Hasselhoff.

By the way, apparently you can take a cruise with the Hoff. Who knew? Thank you Google. After the meeting, I headed home, feeling pretty positive for the first time in while. So the next big step is to finally get this damn GoFundMe set up. The bank account will be signed and finalized next Tuesday and then sky's the limit. I also am waiting for final confirmation about THE BIG NEWS I can't wait to share. I just planned the next Therapy Networking Evening for March 16th and I will also plan a parent's night soon. I also am planning on having a picnic in April. We did one last year and it was lovely so I am looking forward to that. So all in all, feeling pretty optimistic about the next few months and feeling a lot more relaxed about the immediate future. So thank you business expert, you put my mind at ease. And yes, drinks again in the future but with less business talk and more me making fun of your Apple watch by asking if KITT was waiting for your around the corner. I'm a jerk and wow, a Knight Rider reference! Amazing!

So yes, I am feeling pretty good about everything so now let's talk about my hair because life is about balance: joy and pain. As I last wrote, my hair was an orange, pink, red disaster. On Monday night, I decided I would scorch the earth and try to bleach it into submission. It took two different applications and now I am sporting a lovely shade of golden hamster. But don't worry, there is one more process to go and then it should be the right shade. I will most likely be attempting this tonight. Then I will be getting a haircut on Saturday and all will be right in the hair world. A friend suggested a buzz cut and I was like "Are you trying to make me Britney myself?!" Actually, give me a week, I might just do that. And in other news, I have gotten two craptastic runs in since Sunday. I was only able to do 20 minutes each time but each time I was able to run non-stop up a hill I have always struggled with so that is progress. I am very very determined to get to my fighting weight and fitness by the summer and I am off to a pretty good start this year. Please see "No cheese since Thursday" as reference. Now calm down, cheese will always be around, but not nearly as much as in the past. And since I have discovered a kind of healthy way to make tofu crispy, I am kind of busy with that. But I do think about cheese. I do.

She meant Monterey Jack... Yesterday was Fasching Tuesday. If you haven't heard of Fasching, it's the Germanic version of Carnival and Mardi Gras. Fewer beads though. It's so very cold. People dress up in costumes and have jelly doughnuts and decorate their shops with colourful decorations and it is all very fun before Lent hits like a truck and people give up fun for 40 days. The Kindergarten had a party planned yesterday so I finally could fulfill my dream of dressing up Raphael as Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He was fine putting on the costume but was ticked off at having to stand still so we could take a million pictures while giggling hysterically. He looked like a little body builder. I am not sure if he understood why he was wearing what he was wearing but we are pretty lucky that when it comes to clothes, he is pretty easy going. I walked him to Kindergarten and he was a little hesitant about going in after seeing about 15 little princesses and I whispered "Just preparing you for the dating world, son. Let it be a lesson to you... never order a salad to share with her on her birthday. Capiche? And her or him. I don't care. Now, go on into your classroom. Mommy loves you!" Heh. So now I must end this post. I have some e-mails to write. And maybe I can snooze for a couple of hours before getting ready for work. Oh who am I kidding, celebrity gossip, here I am come! Happy Wednesday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge