And My Birthday Was....

It was great! The Day of Marr was fantastic! The only downside is that I ended up with a cold. This is what happens when I don't drink. My internal organs are like "The hell is happening? Shut her down! Something's wrong!" So I am currently in a bathrobe and feeling sorry for myself. My birthday was great though but it didn't really start off that great. The Kid flew into our bed around 5 a.m. and what is generally my habit, I reached for my phone and checked my e-mails. There it was, an e-mail from a literary agent that I had written on Wednesday. Now, they had said on their website that it takes usually 6 weeks to respond... well, seeing an e-mail from them just 3 days after must mean just one thing! It's happening! They want to represent me! My book is going to be... oh, well... shit. No. Rejection. I blinked back a couple of tears and rolled over and fell back asleep. I'm used to rejection but it never gets easier. And I am still determined to continue to send off queries because I am nothing if not tenacious (obnoxious).

I got out of bed at 6:30 because I had a yoga date. On Friday night while I was out for dinner, a friend wrote me and said "I am going to hot yoga tomorrow, you?" and I wrote "Yes. Yes I will be there." and it was just the type of peer pressure I needed. I packed my yoga mat and headed out into the cold weather for the 8 a.m. class. My friend showed up shortly after and said "I wasn't going to come but I knew you were coming and I couldn't cancel!" and I said "Me too!!" and I guess that's why all the experts tell you to get a work out buddy. It's not for the company, it's for the guilt. I rolled out my mat and then the class started and it was great to be back. The 90 minutes flew by and I only thought I would pass out once which is a huge improvement. I went to the dressing room, put on my sweater, and as I was heading out, one of the owners stopped me. "What about a yoga class for children with autism?" she asked and while I dripped sweat onto my beat up Uggs, I smiled and excitedly said "Yes! Fantastic! That would be amazing!" It is a great idea and I cannot wait to plan it and get it set up. I have researched yoga for autism and it seems to be a wonderful extracurricular activity and this is just awesome of Yoga Loft to suggest it. So stay tuned for that announcement! I cannot wait!

I walked home in a hot yoga daze and walked up the apartment steps and in the hallway was a large pink sign that read "Happy Bday!" I smiled and walked in and the Husband and Kid were in the living room. The Husband had thrown streamers every where and there was another big pink sign, a Mozart Torte (my fave) and two small wrapped presents that did not look like a Chanel purse. What? I'm a brat! I opened the first present and it was a lovely pair of earrings and matching necklace. The second non-purse shaped present was disco glasses (pink and sparkly). I smiled and thanked the Husband and the Kid and then a couple of minutes later, the Husband came out with my second-hand Chanel purse! YAAAAYYY! It is fantastic and although it is missing the original Chanel scarf (it's one of those scarf purses), I love it! It was a great gift and it was what I wanted and Queen Tova ruled benevolently for the rest of the day.

I took a shower and then dried my hair. The Husband had asked the Nanny to come at midday so that that we could spend some alone time sans Kid together. He suggested a walk in Prater and I suggested Kahlenberg because the Kid still won't take the Ubahn and we hadn't been in years. I don't know what possessed me (oh yes I do) but I decided to do heavy eye make up for the walk (it's that Cat Marnell book I have been reading, that's what possessed me). We took the Ubahn to Heiligenstadt, grabbed the 38A and then we were at the top. It was cold, it was grey and it was windy. And my make up started to run. We decided to take the "Stadtwanderweg 1a" and make out way down the hill. It was on a road for about 10 minutes and then it took us through the vineyards which was idyllic... except for the mud. We followed the signs until we got to a patch of forest. The rest of the path was a slide of ice so we decided to just follow the small road down. We found an abandoned house that we checked out and I was convinced a serial killer was going to jump out any minute and that made my eye make up run even more. We continued down the hill and ended up in the tiny and lovely Kahlenbergerdorf and then walked on to Nussdorf where we caught the tram back into town. We were frozen solid.

We got home just before 4 (I looked like a panda. Thanks, smokey eye!), thanked the Nanny and then I cut the cake. The Kid kept stealing bites and I will thank him when I finally fit back into my jean skirt. I Skyped with my parents and continued to thank everyone for their birthday wishes on Facebook and Instagram. I am absolutely blown away by all the love, you guys! Thank you, again! We ordered pizza and then I took a bath. Unfortunately by 7, I was starting to feel fluish and by 9, I was passed out cold. Thank you, Nyquil. I am not sure if I will be going to work or not tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a decent night's sleep again and be back to my normal energy levels. Otherwise, stay tuned for self-pitying status updates. Have a fantastic Sunday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge