What I Did Yesterday

So the past couple of weeks, I have been researching (Google image search) the procedure called microblading. I first heard about this about a year ago but it wasn't until my fabulous make up artist (Eli Hair and Make Up: look her up, she is amazing!) mentioned it a little while ago that I started considering it. I was going to wait until I lost a little more weight and I wrote the place on Friday that "Eli" recommended, expecting it would take a couple of weeks to get an appointment. Well, they wrote back right away that they had an appointment the next day. I am nothing if not spontaneous so I took a deep breath and wrote back that I wanted the appointment. Then I dry heaved.

Microblading is essentially superficial tattooing. You get little cuts along the eyebrows and then they add dye. It lasts for 6 months to a year. I have very tiny and light eyebrows and daily I have to colour them in. I know, first world problems. I told the Husband in the morning "I'm getting my eyebrows tattooed." and he gave me this look. 

I told a friend at work and she said "Whatever makes you happy." and then I told Office Twin and the look of absolute disgust was priceless. And then he tried to negotiate that he would be give me money to not do it. And then he thought I was trolling him and then in the end he sent a picture of Groucho Marx, saying he was going to be doing the same thing.

Saturday morning I did hot yoga and then I got ready for my appointment. I took a before picture of my eyebrows. I apologize for the close up.

And then walked to the place. I was early.. of course, I waited nervously. A woman came out at 2 and introduced herself and I said "This is my first time and I am really really scared." and she assured me it would be fine. I laid down and she took a pencil to show me the new shape. I liked what I saw and then she showed me the blade she would use. It is a brand new blade in a new package which means hygiene! She explained that she would dip the blade in dye and then would make little cuts. I took a deep breath and she started. The first cut wasn't so bad and I relaxed, thinking, this isn't too bad. I am such a big baby, maybe I should consider Botox after this and OMG! this hurts like a... GAAAHHH!!! Yeah, it hurt. It really hurt. Tears escaped and I clenched my hands and she assured me it would be over soon. She started on the next eyebrow and I made little whimpering sounds. She then added more dye which turned my eyebrows into flaming lines of fire. After about 10 minutes, she did another round of cuts and I silently cried. And then more dye.

The whole procedure took just under an hour and the results are pretty amazing. The pain was kind of worth it. For some people it probably wouldn't be so bad but OUCHIE for me. The woman who did it was absolutely lovely and made me feel comfortable. Well, as comfortable as one can feel as their face is being knifed. Her name is Natascha and she speaks better English than I do. The procedure costs 300 euros and includes a touch up within the next 3 months. I am happy I did it and it looks incredibly realistic.


Will microblading be the gateway procedure to other procedures for me? Debatable. But I am glad I did it. If you want to check them out, type in Prive Microblading Academy on Facebook! After being sliced and diced, I made my way home and then spent a long time looking at my new brows. The swelling disappeared within an hour and I was able to put on make up. My brows are still tender but not bad at all. Colour me impressed! Around 5:30, I headed to Danieli's to meet my Aunt and her husband for dinner. We have never met and it was really fun to see if there were any family traits. We ate and then around 8, I headed to a friend's place for a night of champagne. He cooked an incredible spread but I had already eaten but that didn't stop me from snacking and drinking the bubbly. It was a hilarious evening and we all covered various topics. Office Twin was there too and he declared my eyebrows a-ok. Around 12:30, we called cabs and I headed home. 

This morning is chillaxed. Watching Funny Girl with the Kid. I lurve this film and it makes me cry every time. I watched this back in high school and I was hooked the first time I saw it. I cried then, too. Oh Babs, you make me bawl. At 12:30 I am heading out for brunch with a friend and then at 4, my aunt will be coming by to meet the Kid. I wish you all a pleasant weekend, still! Kind regards, Tova and her new eyebrows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge