A Busy Week Ahead

Namaste motherlovers! It's a new week, an impossibly warm Monday and I am ready for all the craziness. I feel like I have been going non-stop these past few weeks and I thank the heavens above that I haven't succumbed to sickness that so many people have been getting the past couple of weeks. Knock on wood. I am now booked for the next 2 weeks so if anybody wants to make plans, I am free mid-March. Not kidding. And that is also kind of awesome! Seeing friends invigorates me and gives me a few hours to just sit back and relax which is so rare for me. To sit back relax... not meet up with friends. I am blessed.

After work today I have a meeting with an Autism center to talk about possible future collaborations. Fingers crossed I don't blurt out an inappropriate joke like "And then we can have all the children make fake GUCCI wallets!!!" Sigh. After that, I have to get a piece of jewelry fixed and then run home and make dinner. Tonight I will most likely spend the majority of it on the sofa watching something like Burn Notice or finally start the second season of Southern Charm. Best.reality.show,ever.

Tomorrow morning I have a Bikram class at 7 a.m. and then a normal day at work. The Husband will be out so I will face mask it and watch more reality TV. Wednesday I have to work later and Thursday might require a very late night as well. Friday morning I have my first finance training session for the first step in asking for funding for the Autism center. On Saturday I am meeting a relative I have never met before and we will go to Danieli's. Afterwards, I am heading to a friend's for some classy drinking of bubbly so I might be a little tired Sunday morning. On Sunday afternoon I have a lunch date and then I will lie down on the sofa and think of all the stuff I still have to do.

And here is a funny story from last week. Last Thursday I was out to dinner with a couple of friends and at the end of the evening, someone I have never met, do not know, have absolutely no contact with ever, insinuated that I was arrogant. It was such a bizarre moment that I laughed out loud. Never have I been called arrogant. A snob? Well, yes. Even I call myself that! But arrogant? No, I am not smart nor pretty enough to act arrogant. I really believe that this person confused me for somebody else. And then to add to the oddness of last week, on Saturday I was at a party and at one point someone said that based on my contributor pic on the Vienna Wuerstelstand website, and my Facebook profile picture, that I seemed to come across as incredibly intimidating. He then added "But you are actually very nice." and that made me laugh. It is interesting how people perceive each other and I am now wondering if I give off an arrogant or intimidating vibe and if so, how?!

Oh. Sure, I have been called many different things in the past and some fit and some don't. Often times it is people's own issues that make them view others in a certain way. It is all so fascinating and yet a little concerning because next I imagine a bunch of villagers showing up at my door with pitchforks based on a selfie I post on Instagram.

The sun is coming up now and I have to get the Kid ready for kindergarten. He slept well and is amazingly still in his bed right now but I am waiting for the mad dash he likes to make at 6 in the morning into our bed. It's adorable and yet exhausting. Kind of like when I try and explain anything involving finance. I wish you all a spectacular Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge