30 Day Yoga Challenge

So yeah, I mentioned my 30 day challenge the other day and I am happy to announce that I have completed 7 days in a row of yoga. Now, I am still unable to touch my toes but I have noticed that I am slightly improving. Like I am absolutely smugger than I was before so... win. I am not quite sure what the end game will be after the 30 days. I am pretty sure I won't be able to put my legs behind my head or not groan when I have to touch my toes, but if after 7 days I am already feeling a lot more zen, then AWESOME!

Well, relatively more zen. For me. Anyway. Everyday for the past 7 days I have been keeping note of my different sessions. Some days were good, some weren't. The good news is that with the food diary that my friend and I started at the beginning of February, I have already dropped 5 kilos (10 pounds) and that is pretty good. And I definitely feel a lot less I HATE MYSELF AND ALL MY CLOTHES in the mornings. Again, win. So here is a breakdown of the last 7 days. Namaste, Motherlovers!

Day 1 YouTube Yoga with Ali Kamenova (total time: 35 minutes) After work I met a friend at the Beaver Brewing Company. Nice place, great beer and the vegan chocolate cake was out of this world. I got home around 8:30 and I definitely was not in the mood to move.at.all. But I rolled out my mat, put on YouTube and did one of Ali Kamenova's tutorials and there was sweating and swearing. But it totally helped me feel better and after a shower and some tea, I totally felt smug.

Day 2 Early morning Bikram Hot Yoga (total time: 90 minutes) This class was at 7 a.m. class. Which is nuts. I know! But I bundled up, put on my Uggs and headed to the studio. I do have to say that as sore as I was, it was a great way to beat the cold winter morning and sweat out the beer from the night before. The rest of the day I was a little zenny until about 4, and then I wanted to crawl under my desk and take a nap. But I didn't.

Day 3: Youtube Yoga with Ali Kamenova Morning tutorial (intermediate (I DID NOT SEE THAT!) (total time: 25 minutes) It was the Kid's birthday and I wanted to get a session in before he woke up. I set up my laptop in the living, still in my flannel pyjamas and got started. Yeah, no. Did not see that the tutorial was for intermediate yogis. Five minutes in I was internally screaming, why do you hate me, Ali K.?! WHY?!?! I finished it but had to modify a lot of moves... by lying down and trying not to cry.

Day 4: YouTube Yoga with Ali Kamenova Bedtime tutorial (total time: 20 minutes) After a fun dinner out with friends at der Fuchs und die Trauben (and being accused of being arrogant which I will tell you about another time and makes me laugh) I was definitely not in the mood to bend over so I typed in Bedtime yoga. This was a short class and involved lying down and using pillows. I like this one. I almost fell asleep. Pretty sure this wasn't much in terms of calorie burn. I did have some gin and tonics and wine prior. Zzzzzzzzz.

Day 5: YouTube Yoga. (total time: 30 minutes) Forget who the Yogi was but it was a nice and gentle stretch. Because I think I typed in nice and gentle yoga because I was tired and cranky after a long week at work. There was a lot of heavy breathing from the screen and I kind of felt indecent.

Day 6: Bikram Hot Yoga (total time: 90 minutes) I headed down to the Loft around 8:30 for the 9 a.m. class feeling a little undermotivated. It's a new word. Funny enough, I actually felt amazing in this class. I actually conquered one thing I haven't been able to do ever and that was pretty exciting. I got a foot cramp but hey, I did it. It was hashtag worthy #smug.

Day 7: YouTube Yoga with Ali Kamenova (total time: 35 minutes) One week later and I can totally tell that I have made some improvements. I'm a little more bendy and I don't hurt as much. Still swearing a little. But yay! 7 days in a row of yoga. That's a personal record.

I will continue this 30 day challenge and I will prevail. It is definitely hard to fit sessions in every day, especially if the Kid wakes up too early or I have eaten too much. Speaking of which... I am continuing to be vegan for the most part. Not when I go out because there is cheese out there my friends. CHEESE! What I have noticed is that most of my stomach issues have cleared up and I have a lot more energy. The other day I had a pizza and afterwards, I did not feel great. Even after a night's sleep, I still felt like "THAR SHE BLOWS!" so yeah, I might actually be lactose intolerant which is insane. And to test the theory (and by the that I mean I wanted cheese. Melty delicious cheese), I had some more pizza last night and again, not feeling great and NO IT WASN'T THE WINE! I actually took my self home at a reasonable hour and feel fine this morning, save for the alien /gremlin being in my stomach at this point. He's not happy.

Today I am making a vegan vegetable soup in the crockpot with polenta sticks for dinner. I figure eating clean for the next few days will make me feel a lot better and then I can totally be #smug again. Happy Sunday! Namaste Motherlovers!

Comments

  1. 30DYC is the complete packaged plan for total self renewal and transformation. Start the 30 Day Yoga Challenge Today with Dashama, an international Yoga Athlete.There are options available with a 30 DAYS YOGA CHALLENGE for trainees to learn Yoga so that they get to take up a stricter regime for healthier body and mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge