The Opernball 2016 and Almost the Weekend

Last night was Vienna's 60th Opernball. I talk about it every year and kvetch that I haven't been invited. Of course I could just woman up and buy a ticket but that would just be too reasonable. I decided to Tweet from my sofa about the opening because I find myself very amusing. I also knew that very few people would be reading along save for some awesome friends. So I started the night with a couple of Tweets, building up the suspense. (The Husband sat on the other sofa and ate a Magnum ice cream)


And then I made some commentary about the red carpet


And then I fangirled a little


Some rules about the Opernball


And then I got a little impatient because this red carpet wasn't very exciting


A little constructive criticism for the interviewers. Ammirite?


A little snark. I immediately felt bad. Kind of.

And then made a political funny because I am so witty.

I also made a funny pun, in my opinion


And then the ceremony started. And PLACIDO!!


AND MORE PLACIDO!!

And then I made this idiotic tweet that I immediately regretted the minute I pressed "tweet:


Thanks to a friend, I now know that this WAS POSTED ON THE ORF LIVE TICKER!!! WHY?!?! I am so glad I went to private schools because this Tweet seriously highlights my class and sophistication. Why this one? WHY?!


You could have used this one:

Or even this highlarious (only in my opinion) one:


Or caused a little (fancy) gang warfare between the Science ball and the Opernball

GAH! Of course this happened. But that's ok, I got like 5 new followers yesterday so I didn't really make a social media splash. BUT STILL! Of all the Tweets you could have used, ORF, the Pavarotti one is the one you chose. Awesome. Large sigh.

I ended up going to bed just after 11 and dreamed dreams of tiaras and tulle. But life isn't boring because after work today, I will be meeting a friend for a drink. And then afterwards I will be going out for dinner for a friend's birthday. On Saturday is the partay and I have not done any decorations which is SO OUT OF character for me. But there will be a cake; maybe homemade, maybe bought. The pressure is on!

I wish you all a fabulous Friday! Ta ta!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge