Dis and Dat

Hello Sunday! You know what is really helpful when it is so freaking hot out? Bitching about the heat. Really works. No, no it doesn't. All I can say is that I am incredibly grateful we bought one of those energy sucking, incredibly loud mobile air conditioners. It brings our living room to about 25 degrees while the rest of the apartment is about 30. The heat, it kills me. And yes, I kvetched about it being so cold for so long so I understand the irony. Or do I? Damn you, Alanis. Anyway, it is hot out. We are staying in today. This morning I took the Kid for a stroll down to Pilgramgasse for a chocolate croissant - which is now our new Sunday morning tradition and by the time we got back, I'd lost a pound in sweat and the Kid looked like a bio-hazard.

I also witnessed a young guy run into a pole as he was walking with his buddies. Credit to his friends, they turned back when they heard the sound, then did the "Ow!" sympathy noise, patted him on the back and then looked back at me as I snorted and laughed because I am an asshole. So, I just got back from watering my dear friend's plants while she is away. I posted this picture because I be trollin.

This evening I will head to a friend's place for a little bubbly and chilling and currently I am watching one of my favourite films There's Something About Mary. I remember watching this with a bunch of friends in Moscow in a cinema and that brings back all the nostalgic feels. We watched it in a theater and then headed to MacDonalds after where we bumped into the Canadian Hockey Team. I was dragged out of there by friends, kicking and screaming "LET ME BE A PUCK BUNNY!!!"

This has been a chill weekend. Friday was a day off for me and I had too many options and plans so I spent the morning watching reality TV and painting my nails. And making a list. I love making lists. Awesome hobby. Around noon I headed to Swing Kitchen because I am back on the vegan diet. Except when I am out at a restaurant. Then all bets are off. Come here, meat. But I am trying to eat cleaner (you've heard this one before) and getting back into running. And I am doing the Night Run in September so I have to get back into running shape which in this heat seems not possible. Anyway, I spent the afternoon of my day off doin a little shopping.

I ended up buying a couple of dresses, some tops, a skirt, a summer hat, some shoes and metallic tattoos, because apparently I turn into a 16 year old with Daddy's credit card when I have a few hours of no plans. This is why I need to make solid plans and you people need to suggest them. Friday night was spent watching episode after episode of Archer because that show is like my spirit animal.


Saturday was also low-key because it is so HOT outside. Have I mentioned that already? No? Well, it is hot out. SO HOT! The good news is that Kid is doing better re:sleeping. FINALLY! Last time we tried sleep training he ended up having a febrile seizure and yes I know it isn't related but still... So this time around I have been a little more relaxed about it (read: lazy). Instead of spending 30 minutes trying to will him to sleep with my trademarked voodoo sleep ritual (It goes like this: stare at stubborn child and yell "GO TO SLEEP!!" over and over again... or, for the stricter version, yell it in German.) Anyway, for the past week we have only spent 5 minutes in his room and then we exit leaving the door ajar. And then, here's the magic part, we get up every 5 minutes telling him to lie down as he runs around ape-shit in his room for about 45 minutes until he passes out. But this is the awesome part, he is staying in his room which is a big big win. Sure, he still somehow manages to get into our bed at some point in the night without us realizing it but the great part is we get a couple of hours of alone time where I can be on the Internet and the Husband can watch Melrose Place re-runs... again.

Speaking of the Kid, he is currently walking around with a laundry basket on his head. I would say that the heat is getting to him too but this is his favourite new hobby. Time to take my second shower of the day and do some crafting because that's my favourite new hobby; making friendship bracelets. Because, yes, I am 16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge